View Single Post
Old 29-09-17, 18:47   #21
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Not sure if this will work with the TR2 engine, but what if you also apply that "no texture" to the portals between all those rooms. Assuming there's such a thing as "toggle-opacity" available...
I have tried doing that, applying no texture and also magenta transparent, but then the room that is behind doesn't render, it renders the horizon instead. :\ If i use it at the point where the black border appears then you can't see the rooms behind you. Thanks for the help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Maybe you could try adding small closed areas to avoid the huge distance from room to room. Not sure how they did it in floating islands.
Edit: I would finish it. After all the hours I put in my current project I could never cancel it. I believe in you
That's actually a great idea, but only if it was less wide, and it would change my level concept, i want it to be wide and open with some interior zones. At the eastern part there is currently a floating island with a cave.
Thanks.

I would like to hear more opinions. Would you as a player mind seeing that effect, even if the level is good?
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote