View Single Post
Old 30-09-17, 18:05   #28
Danath

I have played the original level and you know what? That black border problem isn't happening there, even with the massive map scale! And another thing, the sky looks black in the original but in my map is greyish!
I used TR2PRJ to turn the .TR2 into a project file and looked at the 2D map with TRLE. At the distances i'm seeing the black wall, in the original level there is even more distance to the horizon and it doesn't happen! Crazy.

It seems to me that black horizon problem is related to how Dxtre compiles the levels and not something inherent to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
I have an opinion, if I might suggest, it's kind of drastic and may not be the best but you could try it: remove the horizon. The entire sky would be black but uniform.
also you could texture the sky manually so it doesn't look so empty, like in Return To Egypt and Temple Of The Cat
Nah, it's not ideal. With the first option it would look bland af , and with the second it would be too obvious where the walls are, the idea is having the illusion of not seeing borders. Thank you for the help anyway.

You know what? Screw it, i'm going to continue and try to complete the map, black horizons or not. I don't want to throw this having spent so many hours, i'll have to live with the problem. I want to see this completed.

PD: Official soundtrack for building this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

Last edited by Danath; 30-09-17 at 18:07.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote