View Single Post
Old 12-11-17, 15:04   #490
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Is it a new bug? Has it already been reported?
From what I understand it's about animated textures. Judging by this tutorial http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211836 you can't have quarter tile textures animate anymore: "Forget the old technique of applying all the textures in a small hidden room, that no longer works with the TRNG MK4 installer and possibly some previous dll versions as well."

What's interesting is that I did use quarter textures as animated ones with TRNG 1.3.0.0 I believe, and they did work fine. They stopped working at some point after I added objects to my level. I reverted the change (removed all statics) and they worked again. I have since updated to TRNG 1.3.0.7 and I haven't checked the project yet, but I'm planning to keep tracking any object additions and always check if they affect animated textures.

Quote:
If however you apply it to a portal with the editors transparent and double sided buttons on, you must also apply it as a normal texture to a hidden tile in your level before it will animate.
This is interesting too. I don't think I knew that... maybe that's the reason animated textures stopped working for me at one point...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote