View Single Post
Old 03-01-17, 13:29   #36
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavecroft View Post
I think that the thing that crystal is missing is her personality traits that define you who you are
Lara has a strong personality you hardly intimidate she's clever and she didn't complain about pain if she feel it she just say nothing also the same with sentiment she's not a huging person she likes to be alone and not be touched
She's badass with a hard gaze and look and very sass and cold with her words
Never sentimental never so emotional at least not when people is watching
Is not so hard to put that in this new Lara
The new comics have it a little so I have the hope they can do it
As much as this is true, however there is a reason why a person would become like that.

I always go back to the Tomb Raider Movies in terms of how the developers are coming to the ideas they are using.

In fact I link all games, movies, comics etc... together.

Take it for example in the second Tomb Raider Movie, The Cradle of Life, where Terry tell Lara: "you are just afraid of pulling that trigger; afraid of letting anyone in."

Despite if the movie was good or bad, it was trying to depict and say something about Lara Croft; she is complex and cold hearted, but for a reason and that reason was shown in the movie itself where she killed him without any hesitation even though he was someone she loved.

Cd are trying to bring more emphasis on such things and depicting them in a much more professional way, because although someone can be cold hearted since birth, it is not what they want to tell.

They want to show us that Lara Croft was an ordinary, fun, outgoing, fearful girl, but who can do so very well when put in tough situations and that is the character itself;

to show power, courageousness and patience when you are in some difficult situation and watching all those around you betraying you for their own good.

Lt us study Psychiatry; cold hearted people are not born like that; circumstances push them to become who they have become; and that is saying something; somethings you have to read within the storylines of the new games

Also, replay The Last Revelation to see Lara's Character in there.

She was scared, tired and like she did not want to do the quest anymore, but was more like the whole situation was forced all over her and she had to live with it.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 03-01-17 at 13:51.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote