View Single Post
Old 15-09-17, 19:15   #2
Alpharaider47

Ok, so my figure arrived today (well, yesterday, but I was on duty so no mail for me...)

Here are a couple shots in/out of the box. My grenades and stuff are in the mail today, so I might get to play with those later. Body and new head are in the mail, hopefully will get them within a week.

So, it's pretty good for the mid/late 2000's. Modern Hot Toys blows her out of the water, and the gear could have been a tad better. I was impressed with the guns though. The MP5 and USPs have removable magazines, and the magazines have a single round loaded- I wasn't even expecting removable mags so the fact that they colored a round is a plus. I got the sideshow exclusive edition, I read somewhere that they made about 700 of them? Dunno if that's a fact, but if so cool. The important part is that it came with Excalibur, which is pretty solid.

The backpack is not meant to open, but mine did- maybe has to do with the age of the pack? Either way, it's got some paper stuffing which I might remove and replace with the old grenades when the new ones show up.

The belt/holster rig seems pretty weak, so I will need to be careful with that. Binoculars are removable. The pistols fit pretty snugly in the holsters, I had to grab the wife's hair dryer to get the pistols in there all the way. A splash of cold water helped hold the shape so I can remove the pistols with much less of a fight. Who knew nuclear power/heat transfer knowledge could apply to expensive toys? Thanks Navy!

I have not opened the pack with her blue sweater and Legend signature top/shorts yet, but the jacket is pretty robust. It allows for a decent range of movement but the flap is pretty stiff so getting that flipped back collar work might require a bit of ironing. Beneath the jacket is a sewn insert for the blue sweater- I might remove this and simply use the included sweater if I choose to display this particular outfit.

I will wrap up this post with a commentary on the boots. I had read online that they were pretty awful, and those folks are not wrong. They are solid and look the part, but... well, they're pretty solid. You'll have a hard time with any poses that require ankle movement. Removing them can be a challenge too, I ended up getting one of Lara's feet stuck in the bottom when it popped off at the ankle joint. It took a little dryer work and a liberal application of a random tool I found at work to get the foot out. I've got new boots incoming, hopefully they work out ok.

Last edited by Alpharaider47; 20-09-17 at 23:37.
Alpharaider47 is offline   Reply With Quote