www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-02-12, 23:33   #3891
Encore
Tomb Raider

So, I installed the high res texture pack they released as DLC, and I'm happy to report that there was no loss in performance. In fact, I don't know why, but the lag I used to experience in Markarth is now much less.

The results? Well.... I'm not sure it's worth the extra GB space it takes over. The fact that my Skyrim looks positively gorgeous ATM is more due to the FXAA, Night Sky, and "Realistic Water" mods, more than anything. Yes, stone walls, and fabrics, and wood, all that stuff looks more detailed, but I'm not sure it's totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Yes, they are more frequent at level 50 and above, but still, you'll have very, very few of them. But at those levels, you'll find more Ebony Arrows (and will be able to buy them from merchants), and they pack quite a punch already, too.
Ebony arrows - and frankly, ebony weapons in general - suit me just fine. I don't seem to have found many of those either but it's good to know that I'll do. The strongest arrows I can use ATM are glass arrows, and I still save them for only the toughest enemies.
Old 20-02-12, 08:13   #3892
aussie500

I actually think ebony arrows work better against dragons than daedric, the only time I used glass was a disaster. I use glass on everything else if I have plenty of them, although my archery skill is 100 so I can use just about anything and everything but a dragon dies. I usually use poison on the ebony ones for any dragons trying to sneak up on me. I fast travel anywhere but a big city and a dragon is bound to appear. That blessing thing Esbern does works great for dragons as well, killed a dragon with hardly any trouble using Ancient Nord Arrows, not sure I am going to be racing back to Sky Haven Temple for a blessing each time I go dragon hunting though. I have plenty of dragon souls (I fast travel a lot), it is chasing the wordwalls that takes time. I am always distracted by something I just have to explore. In a way I will be glad when the main quest is over and I do not have to feel guilty about wandering off to explore.

Edit
That courier is fired, he gives me the location I just finished exploring? Wondered why nothing came up when I opened the Letter from a Friend. Maybe he is running out of locations.

Last edited by aussie500; 20-02-12 at 08:19.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 11:08   #3893
moodydog
Relic Hunter

I just OC my pc and the game runs 1000X faster. Its just completely lag free I'm so happy. Now to deal with the horrible racket coming from the cooler.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 17:24   #3894
tomekkobialka
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Now to deal with the horrible racket coming from the cooler.
Louder than 30 decibels?

Decided to make a short collection of screenshots showing maginificent views in the northern parts of Skyrim...

View south from Hamvir's Summit Hunter's Camp

View north from Shrine of Mehrunes Dragon

View of Winterhold from top of Mount Anthor...

...and northwest (with Nightcaller Temple tower in middle left)

View of Solitude from Dragon Bridge

And a frozen mammoth

Make sure not to miss these locations (and views) on your adventures!

Last edited by tomekkobialka; 20-02-12 at 18:02.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 20:28   #3895
aussie500

I might see if I can borrow my neighbour's PC for some screenshots. Will make a list of all those scenic places I want some nice screenshots of.

Mind you I have yet to discover all the places in Skyrim, I like to enjoy the game rather than rush through it. Brett had finished everything before I even brought the game. Probably next year I will still be playing, unless that new Tomb Raider game turns out to be really good, and has lots of replay value. Will take a lot to get me to leave Skyrim.

Last edited by aussie500; 20-02-12 at 20:32.
Old 22-02-12, 02:16   #3896
Encore
Tomb Raider

Does anyone else feel horribly frustrated whenever it starts snowing at night time?? You can't see ****!!!!

I'm tempted to go and do the damn main quest all over again just so I can get the clear skies shout.
Old 22-02-12, 03:28   #3897
aussie500

I would love a clear skies shout, do not have it yet though.

And there are some severe texture problems with Blackreach in the Xbox 360 version. Locked it up in the end, missing textures, incorrectly placed textures and mass confusion between what was water, what was land, what the player was not meant to be exploring and what the developer incorrectly textured, or gave the wrong properties for. Attempting to mine an ore vein while underwater was just too much for the console! I was walking at the time, but did look up and see the surface of the water above, and there had been a lot of glitches between swimming, air walking and walking on the bottom of the water. Pressed A to start mining before thinking. I think someone forgot to finish that section when they were making the game, or should have tested it a bit more for glitches.. And no I never deliberately went anywhere I was not meant to, walked out a door I did, so I was meant to be there.

Edit
Seems I do have the Clear Skies shout, got it doing the main quest and never realised it, even though I used it to get up that mountain. I had already been up to the top of the mountain way back around level 11 but did it the right way this time. Will try it out shortly, snow is nice, but I want to see where I am going!

What happened to the dragon's eye view of Skyrim? I was looking forward to seeing what it looked like from that high up.

Edit 2
When near the end of Skuldafn, after I killed the dragon priest I killed the two dragons, was that a mistake? The dragons did not attack till I attacked them, and they kept saying something I could not understand (subtitles would be helpful for dragon speech), does anyone know what the dragons were saying?

Last edited by aussie500; 23-02-12 at 07:33.
Old 23-02-12, 09:50   #3898
xXhayleyroxXx
Legend

Beautiful screens
I haven't yet completed the main quest -- I was somehow under the impression the game would end if I completed it I'm up to where you infiltrate the Thalmor party I love it so far <3
Old 23-02-12, 12:18   #3899
Sir Croft
Legend

Old 23-02-12, 12:20   #3900
xXhayleyroxXx
Legend

! So true