www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 31-03-12, 21:48   #691
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Yes she is perfect for the role! At first I thought she looked abit too young to play the role for Lara. It's not that she's too young, it's just that Lara looks older than 21 in the new game, and sports a much bigger frame than Emma. But i'm sure with the clothes they put her in and the way they do her make up and hair ect she will look JUST like Lara.

I would also suggest Rosie Huntington Whiteley. I think she is SO beautiful, and not only that but her accent is so Laralike, when I saw Transformers 3 at several parts I thought she could be the voice of Lara in the reboot.

I also think she looks alot like the CGI model in the trailer:

Just give her browner hair and brown eyes and shes perfect.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 31-03-12 at 22:18.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 23:10   #692
_Awestruck_
Tomb Raider

I'd be all for her, if she could act. It's a shame that a Victoria's Secret mannequin could've done a better job.
_Awestruck_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 00:03   #693
larafan25
Legend

I think she can act...I meant...I doubt she's like that (the scene posted) in real life...

But it wasn't...much. I'd be more interested in seeing her in a more dramatic scene.
Old 01-04-12, 17:34   #694
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Surprised nobody has brought her up yet she'd be perfect. Young, brown eyes, can do a convincing English accent, a good actress and a successful career behind her and can lead a movie on her own.

Mia Wasikowska, 22.

Old 01-04-12, 18:03   #695
TippingWater
Tomb Raider

^Mia doesn't look like a good Lara to me.

Rosie is beautiful, but I doubt she would get the part.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 18:12   #696
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippingWater View Post
^Mia doesn't look like a good Lara to me.

Rosie is beautiful, but I doubt she would get the part.
I thought that about Soairse Ronan but slap a bit of make up on her and roughen her up a bit and she'd be great. But that's your opinion and your entitled to it. I'd rather pick acting ability over looks any day and you like Emma who definitely has both.

I think the strongest candidates in this thread would be Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan and Mia Wasikowska. They all have the star power and acting ability. Emma would probably have the upper hand because she's arguably the most famous but I'm sure whoever they pick in the end will be a controversial choice some will like her and some will not. I'd be pleased with a lot of the young actresses in this thread.
Old 01-04-12, 18:20   #697
TippingWater
Tomb Raider

A good candidate for the role not only has to be a natural beauty but she also has to be a good and young (preferably British) actress. Looks for this part are just as important as acting skills. Let's face it, nobody outside our lovely fan base would go to the cinema to watch a plain looking girl named Lara Croft.

I do not think that those girls are ugly, on the contrary, but they just don't have that exotic look to them.

Last edited by TippingWater; 01-04-12 at 18:24.
Old 02-04-12, 12:48   #698
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Why? Emma is not that bad an actress and is improving all the time, she has a classic beauty, a natural accent for the part and is quite athletic. So why would she not make a good young Lara just starting out on her adventures? What do you think Emma is missing that she would not be suitable for the part?
I don't think she would make Lara very interesting and she may have perma-babyface.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 13:00   #699
TippingWater
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
I don't think she would make Lara very interesting and she may have perma-babyface.
You might be right.
Old 07-04-12, 12:47   #700
Rai

I don't know if anyone has suggested Saoirse Ronan yet. Maybe she's a bit young at 18. She has a fair bit of experience.