www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-12, 21:04   #11
Quebsenuef
Professor
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gym w/ Tiny the Tiger|Gender: Patapon Prince|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 4,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
The old PlayStation graphics don't bother me at all.



What are the extra PS3 options?
I love the PS1 graphics. They bother me none as well.

The extras are just some options. Like Full screen/wide screen, read the manual page by page on the screen, adjust some other junk, nothing interesting really.
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 21:14   #12
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
You'd have thought they'd have touched the game up a little bit, given it a few graphical enhancement here and there not much… just something to stop it being an EXACT port from the PS1
Yes, I was hoping for that too It's like, they only had to change some numbers in the original config file or something, to raise the resolution at least.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 21:31   #13
Carbon
Junior Member
 
Carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
Yes, I was hoping for that too It's like, they only had to change some numbers in the original config file or something, to raise the resolution at least.
Yeah exactly or give it Bilinear texture rendering like the PC, to give it that better effect.
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 21:58   #14
MaRas
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 16
Default

I got all the TR games availabe on PSN - true, they don't look well, even with the smoothing option but personally I don't care. What riles me is that the games have way too many dark places and it's sometimes impossible to play without using flares. I am not sure whether it's soemthing about the games or my TV - I don't have this problem with any other games.

That said I must admit TRs on PS3 are as enjoyable as ever.
MaRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 12:48   #15
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I love the PS1 graphics. They bother me none as well.
I don't know how you people can like them hehe those 3d graphics simply make my eyes hurt. 2d graphics is another story, for example I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger and I mostly love those graphics, I don't even switch the smoothing on, to maintain the original look.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 16:49   #16
Quebsenuef
Professor
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gym w/ Tiny the Tiger|Gender: Patapon Prince|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 4,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
I don't know how you people can like them hehe those 3d graphics simply make my eyes hurt. 2d graphics is another story, for example I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger and I mostly love those graphics, I don't even switch the smoothing on, to maintain the original look.
Were you playing TRII on a HD TV as well, bc that can really make the graphics terrible. I played them all on my HD TV and it was quite a annoying thing to get used to. After a few levels or so, I didn't even notice the graphics anymore
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 20:10   #17
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Were you playing TRII on a HD TV as well, bc that can really make the graphics terrible. I played them all on my HD TV and it was quite a annoying thing to get used to. After a few levels or so, I didn't even notice the graphics anymore
I'm playing it on a LCD monitor, which is HD as well.
If I ever want to replay TR2, I will have to do it on pc again. One thing I've learned since I started buying games (up until last year I mostly played the special versions of pc games if you know what I mean lol) is that the more games you buy the bigger is the risk of buying something that you didn't really want/need/like. Unfortunately that is the case with this TR2 on ps3
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 21:17   #18
ggctuk
Relic Hunter
 
ggctuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 6,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
You'd have thought they'd have touched the game up a little bit, given it a few graphical enhancement here and there not much… just something to stop it being an EXACT port from the PS1
The truth is, it's not even a port. It's an emulation.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 14:33   #19
davidmeyer000
Archaeologist
 
davidmeyer000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 1,067
Default

does tomb raider 2 have better graphics on a MAC than a PC?
__________________
When the world says "Give Up," Hope whispers "Try One More Time."
davidmeyer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 15:57   #20
GabrielCroft
Explorer
 
GabrielCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 573
Default

Why didn't they do a full HD version as PC version?
__________________
I overheard you theory, "Nostalgia is for geeks!".
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.