www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-12, 04:51   #31
aussie500
Moderator
 
aussie500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 19,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaKonwerski View Post
She does do some of her own stunts. A lot more than some other actors and actresses. Obviously not every single thing is done by her, but if you watch the Behind The Scenes feature on SALT, it shows her doing a good majority of things. Such as hanging from the apartment buildings, obviously there is a rope, but there wasn't a double. Also of her on the moving truck.
http://jerrygarrett.wordpress.com/20...a-jolies-salt/
The only reason a stunt double did not do the wall escape was because they needed to see Angelina's face. She is suspended with harness and wire, and I believe there was also a rope at one point, and she has handholds on the brick wall so she does not get knocked around. The stunt double would have been the one going out the window since that was the dangerious bit. Yes Angelina is doing a stunt, but not as dangerious as it seems. What I was offended by was that Angelina said her stunt double was only doing set ups and she was doing all the stunts herself, which was a straight out lie. Angelina was crawling along the top of the container as it was moving, safely harnessed in so she could not manage to fall off. Her stunt double did the jumping between trucks, the same rules go for all movies, your star does nothing dangerious. True some do hardly any stunts, but there are not many of them these days, and at least they do not claim they did all their own stunts. Many will admit, they were too chicken.

The underwater dive, where yes she is actually on a ride, so just laying around while doing a bit of acting.









All the water effects, plants and creatures were CGI. Lara's encounter with the shark was done in a tank, she had to be underwater for that, so yes it was a stunt. Holding your breath underwater and throwing a punch. The other part of that Angelina did consisted of grabbing a handle attached to a rope that towed her a short distance, this would later be the shark's fin. They needed that for the facial shots as the shark tows her up. The stunt double was the one towed at speed and only seen from the back.

__________________
Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Last edited by aussie500; 03-04-12 at 05:35.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 08:40   #32
Admles
Moderator
 
Admles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Caboolture, Australia
Posts: 13,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaKonwerski View Post
She does do some of her own stunts. A lot more than some other actors and actresses.
Do you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, God, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster because someone said they exist?
__________________
The spiritual power of manís will removes all obstacles - Bruce Lee
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 09:05   #33
shockwave_pulsar00
Archaeologist
 
shockwave_pulsar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ga
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
^ good god, guys you're nasty.
I have to agree lol.

I think its pretty obvious that she didn't so all of her own stunts. I will also agree that it shouldn't be spun to make it look like she is doing it all. However, I think its more accurate that she tried to do all that they would actually let her do. I honestly believe Angelina tried to do what she could.

But can you really blame the studio?

Look at Aeon Flux. Charlize Theron was doing stunt work for her character, doing some back handsprings and she slipped and landed on her neck. BOOM! Production shut down for a few weeks. She could have ended her career with that move.
__________________
Locked and Loaded....
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 09:19   #34
XtremeJenn
Explorer
 
XtremeJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Look at Aeon Flux. Charlize Theron was doing stunt work for her character, doing some back handsprings and she slipped and landed on her neck. BOOM! Production shut down for a few weeks. She could have ended her career with that move.
But she didn't and I respect her a lot more for doing moves that most people out there can't. I can't say the same for Angelina. Everyone, call the press! The woman can throw a kick and a punch. She's an action heroine!
__________________
XtremeJenn on Deviant Art
XtremeJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 09:22   #35
aussie500
Moderator
 
aussie500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 19,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Do you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, God, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster because someone said they exist?
It is true though, not every star is going to be willing to be hung from helicopters, whizzed around rooms on wires, hung upside down 100ft of the ground and then have the fun of being dropped fairly quickly, as well as all the other things she did while filming. Some would not bother learning how to use the jet ski, ride side saddle, row, do that bungie ballet, or the many other things Angelina had to learn to do. Angelina has never lacked nerve or enthusiasm. A lot of actors would not want to do some of those things. We have seen how easily it is to fool the viewer into thinking it is the star doing the whole stunt, they could have done it without Angelina doing as much as she did. Now if only she would give her stunt doubles a bit of credit for their hard work making her look good, rather than saying she did it all maybe some would think better of her.
__________________
Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Last edited by aussie500; 03-04-12 at 09:24.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 10:04   #36
Admles
Moderator
 
Admles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Caboolture, Australia
Posts: 13,108
Default

That's something I don't like - stunt doubles and body doubles make the stars looks great, but never get the credit they deserve.

Plus there are plenty of actors / actresses who do more stunts than Angelina.
__________________
The spiritual power of manís will removes all obstacles - Bruce Lee
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 12:13   #37
shockwave_pulsar00
Archaeologist
 
shockwave_pulsar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ga
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeJenn View Post
But she didn't and I respect her a lot more for doing moves that most people out there can't. I can't say the same for Angelina. Everyone, call the press! The woman can throw a kick and a punch. She's an action heroine!
I think you are under playing Angelina a little bit. That would be like saying Milla Jovovich's not really an action heroine because she "throws a punch and a kick". I'm pretty sure there are things Angelina can do that other actress can't. Her talent with knives for example.(I also think she's one of the best actresses with a gun, at least she looks like she knows how to handle them i.e. rarely flinches when firing them)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
That's something I don't like - stunt doubles and body doubles make the stars looks great, but never get the credit they deserve.

Plus there are plenty of actors / actresses who do more stunts than Angelina.
Why single Angelina out? There are plenty of other actors and actresses that have these things said about them.

Stunt people know what they get hired for, it not being in the spotlight, but they do get recognized a bit within Hollywood. Look at Zoe Bell, she was able to cross over from being a stunt woman to actual actress/stuntwoman.

I know not many people agree with me though
__________________
Locked and Loaded....

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 03-04-12 at 12:14.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 12:32   #38
TippingWater
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,040
Default

TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 12:51   #39
XtremeJenn
Explorer
 
XtremeJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I think you are under playing Angelina a little bit. That would be like saying Milla Jovovich's not really an action heroine because she "throws a punch and a kick". I'm pretty sure there are things Angelina can do that other actress can't. Her talent with knives for example.(I also think she's one of the best actresses with a gun, at least she looks like she knows how to handle them i.e. rarely flinches when firing them)
I'm just going by what I see and I don't see anything that Angelina has done that I would classify as remarkable. That stuff is what her stunt crew is for anyways. Of course we're singling out Angie... this thread IS about her so I don't see the point of getting off topic by bringing up other actresses.

BTW Zoe bell rocks. But I think she's mostly getting attention in hollywood because she's trying to transition herself from stunt actress to actress.
__________________
XtremeJenn on Deviant Art
XtremeJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 13:44   #40
Admles
Moderator
 
Admles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Caboolture, Australia
Posts: 13,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeJenn View Post
I'm just going by what I see and I don't see anything that Angelina has done that I would classify as remarkable. That stuff is what her stunt crew is for anyways. Of course we're singling out Angie... this thread IS about her so I don't see the point of getting off topic by bringing up other actresses.

BTW Zoe bell rocks. But I think she's mostly getting attention in hollywood because she's trying to transition herself from stunt actress to actress.
Thanks for saying everything for me Jenn


I know stunt doubles go in there, knowing they won't get the recognition, but that doesn't give the star the right to make claims about doing everything themselves when they didn't.
__________________
The spiritual power of manís will removes all obstacles - Bruce Lee
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.