www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 05-04-12, 23:25   #51
Rai

^Exactly. Of course Angelina trained up for the part. She may be an actor, but there's simply some stuff you can't fake entirely. Lara Croft is pretty much an expert in her field, so AJ had to know enough in fighting, gun control etc to look convincing in the role. She had to put on weight even to look the part. She obviously put a lot of effort in and did do some of the less dangerous stuff, maybe more than another actress would have. She would be required at any rate for close up stuff, but always a stunt double would do the actual dangerous stuff and the work edited together to make it look seamless. So if it's true she said she did all her own stunts, well that's not entirely true. At best she did the stuff that could be controlled and with safety gear.

Last edited by Rai; 05-04-12 at 23:28.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 23:32   #52
aussie500

Angelina did the training to build up some muscle on that scrawny frame and actually look competent and confident in the scenes where she appeared. Lara can do anything and everything and is an expert in many things, Angelina is an actess, she has to look like she can do those things. And Lara is no Bruce Lee wanabe, her fight scenes were never meant to look like any sort of martial arts. Angelina had a stunt double for most of the fight scenes, so if they had wanted Lara to be an expert at any sort of martial arts style fighting she would have been.

Angelina could ride a bike back when the films were done, we have photo's of her riding in the location shooting for COL, yet none of it appeared in the movie. It does seem like Angelina is riding a bike, I doubt they would be doctoring production photos to fool us. She would not be going very fast though, which might be the deciding factor there.

What Angelina can do herself means nothing, she might have gone parachuting in her own time, but no way were the movie people going to let her do it in COL.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-04-12 at 23:35.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 01:50   #53
Aphrodite22
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post
She looks so creepy. O.o

She looks awesome now, but her TR days, holy crap.
are u serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
So it's okay that she took credit for someone elses stunts?

Oh, and after seeing those videos, no wonder her fight scene in TR1 sucked, her martial arts "training" was dreadful
nah im not saying that.. lol i hadnt even thought about it.

I havent seen all her training so i cant say it sucked. The gun training looks pretty good though..
Aphrodite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 05:43   #54
aussie500

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeJenn View Post
Those are some cool (and hillarious) production pictures from the first film! I didn't know that guys did that much of the bungee ballet scene but it makes perfect sense. I think they trained Angelina to do the bare minimum possible to make herself look believable and since she knew next to nothing at the start, it included a lot of training. A transformation like that, I'm sure her publicist told her to milk for all it's worth, telling everyone she did all her own stunts. That's hollywood.

All those people who are die hard Angelina fans and think that no other actress could play her really need to look at this thread and see that all she really did was act. And as long as another actress can act badass and do the accent (and look really hot), I'm sure they can pull Lara off just as well, if not better.

Edit: I managed to find the info on the Cradle of Life parachuting scenes. The base jumps were done by Team Bautasten from Sweden. And I think there was a chick doubling Angelina for the africa parachute scene.

http://www.sky-science.com/tomb_raider2.htm

http://www.skydive-safety.com/TV_Film_Tomb%20Raider.htm

Some larger pictures and some names all collected from the Sky Science site, thanks for finding that one XtremeJenn. They have lots of photo's even a video (completed projects) of the base jumping team if you want to sit through watching the James Bond footage first.

Lara's stunt double for the parachuting in Africa and the ejection sequence over the lake was Amanda Kemp a skydiving champion from the UK. For the ejection sequence Allan Hewitt was stunt double for Gerard Butler.

And a larger version of one of the pictures already posted showing the Team Bautasten base jumping team, If any one can name them all accurately it would be helpful. My guess would be Allan Hewitt, an unknown helicopter pilot, Martin RosÚn, Mikael Nordqvist (cameraman at the back) and Per Eriksson (as Lara)

Last edited by aussie500; 06-04-12 at 09:07.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 05:46   #55
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

A lot of teenage boys who took a liking to this movie would be disturbed for life if they seen this thread.
Old 06-04-12, 19:43   #56
TippingWater
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
A lot of teenage boys who took a liking to this movie would be disturbed for life if they seen this thread.
Ha ha ha!
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 23:22   #57
Ora Dagger
Relic Hunter

A man playing Lara

Last edited by Ora Dagger; 06-04-12 at 23:23.
Ora Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 00:11   #58
aussie500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora Dagger View Post
A man playing Lara
But not just one, there were a lot of guys playing Lara. Some of which we do not have names for yet, but they will turn up eventually. It seems fine to drool over a fictional character in a movie, Lara does all those fantastic things. But the guys want to be careful if they think they were looking at Angelina all the time.
Old 07-04-12, 00:30   #59
Lukass
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
But the guys want to be careful if they think they were looking at Angelina all the time.
!
Old 07-04-12, 02:52   #60
voltz
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora Dagger View Post
A man playing Lara
Watch who you fap to, peeps!