www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 07-04-12, 06:56   #121
Orava
Student

Does anyone know if this works with Dxtre3D? I got the sounds for the original game and Golden Mask, but I still can't change the soundtracks in my custom Dxtre3d levels.

Edit: never mind, changing soundtracks works now. But I still can't get them to be played only once in-game.

Last edited by Orava; 08-04-12 at 07:51.
Orava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12, 17:46   #122
tomekkobialka
Professor

Does anybody know if the exe file found in PaulD's 'big' 40mb pack is exactly the same as the stand-alone exe? However hard I try to change the timecodes in cdaudio.dat in the 40mb pack, the game will still play the original timecodes, almost as if the cdaudio.dat file was hard-wired into the exe.

Also, does the initial 'dummy track' in the cdaudio.mp3 HAVE to be included as it is? Can I not add in just a random 6-7 second silent track instead? I'm asking this because I can't seem to be able to obtain track 1 from anywhere, and also because that may be the reason why cdaudio.dat is unwilling to follow new timecodes.

Oh, and can someone re-upload the stand-alone english exe aswell?

Last edited by tomekkobialka; 09-04-12 at 19:20.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12, 20:48   #123
Schaum217
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch503 View Post
Hey,
After some tweaking I have found a fix for this issue.
After you start the game and are in a level, go to the sound option in the menu (the cd player) and turn down the volume of the top music sound (denoted by a musical note). You should then hear the background audio, then return to your game with full audio!
Im not sure if I have to do this every time I load the game, but it saves wasting time having to restart the game after every time the game is saved.
I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Leon
Hello guys i have the same problem as Leon,
The music stops everytime I go into the menu and after that it doesn't play anymore, the game needs to be restarted in order to make the music playing.
The fix he suggests should be made EVERY SINGLE TIME.. it is something REALLY annoying.. can anyone provide a simplier solution here? Thank you in advance.
Could anyone help us?
Schaum217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 23:49   #124
lch503
Hobbyist

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch503
Hey,
After some tweaking I have found a fix for this issue.
After you start the game and are in a level, go to the sound option in the menu (the cd player) and turn down the volume of the top music sound (denoted by a musical note). You should then hear the background audio, then return to your game with full audio!
Im not sure if I have to do this every time I load the game, but it saves wasting time having to restart the game after every time the game is saved.
I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Leon
Hello guys i have the same problem as Leon,
The music stops everytime I go into the menu and after that it doesn't play anymore, the game needs to be restarted in order to make the music playing.
The fix he suggests should be made EVERY SINGLE TIME.. it is something REALLY annoying.. can anyone provide a simplier solution here? Thank you in advance.
Could anyone help us?
I found that I only had to do this the one time. After doing my solution, did you save your game? I think it may be that that fixed it so I dont have to do it every time I load the game. Sorry if this didnt work for you
lch503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-12, 16:53   #125
mathew9r
Professor

Just putting this out here if anyone wants to know

So it seems like one can get the Audio working in Tomb Raider 2 Gold, But requires one to move some files around...

Anyway, Works so far for myself so maybe it might work for you:

1/ Install Tomb Raider 2
2/ Download the Multipatcher
3/ Install the TR2 Update which should update it and make a new folder in the TR2 directory called "Audio"
4/ When the Patcher has complete, Go into your TR2 directory
5/ Copy the Audio Folder and the tomb2.exe
6/ Install Tomb Raider 2 Gold
7/ Go into the directory where TR2 Gold is installed and paste the items
8/ Remove t2gold.exe and rename tomb2.exe to t2gold.exe
9/ Launch the game
10/ Audio should be working now but there will be an extra item on the ring, But this crashes the game so don't click it! *unless you copied assault.tr2 to the data directory*

I do not know if this will cause the game to crash when you complete the first level but you should have audio throughout.

Remember, This is here only for reference since the OP didn't make the TR2 Gold audio patch

EDIT: Passed to the other levels just fine, So that means this method works!#

EDIT2: It seems like it's impossible to enter the secret level when using this method because on how the 2 engines functioned.

Last edited by mathew9r; 21-01-13 at 18:57.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-13, 09:02   #126
xBBOYx101
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider Audio Fix

hey i need the german version for tomb raider audio fix bute the mirrors are down ... can something reupload them ?
xBBOYx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-13, 07:39   #127
xBBOYx101
Hobbyist

Default The Download links are Broken !

Can someone load them up again or finde them i searched them since days but i cant finde i need help please ...
xBBOYx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-13, 14:45   #128
sackboy123
Relic Hunter

Just wait if theres no answer then no one can help
Old 11-02-13, 18:56   #129
DrDestin
Hobbyist

Hi,
I'm looking for the french FIX. The previous link don't work because they were on megaupload.
So it would be nice if someone could upload it
DrDestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 16:43   #130
Spinal
Hobbyist

Hi there,

i tried the multipatcher to fix the audio of TR2, it works but only one time...

When i launch TR2, i have all music ingame but when i go in the inventory and then i exit, music has disappeared... same as the main menu, when i exit the level and then i am in the main menu, the music has disappeared too, but when i exit the game and start the game again, that's work only one time.

What is the problem?

Thanks

+1 to DrDestin, the link of the French version is down from Megaupload, thanks to re-upload .

Last edited by Spinal; 18-02-13 at 16:52.
Spinal is offline   Reply With Quote