www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-04-12, 16:59   #41
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander990 View Post
I am also talking about the leaked gameplay hahaha
The village footage could've been better, yeah it was an improvement over the den demo, but it was marred by unpolished gameplay mechanics and periodical cutaways showing the wolf and/or where you should be going. The cutaway cameras in particular didn't do anything to disperse the image Crystal has (with me) of forever looking over my shoulder and pointing me in the right direction.
Old 23-04-12, 17:00   #42
Lukass
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
The village footage could've been better, yeah it was an improvement over the den demo, but it was marred by unpolished gameplay mechanics and periodical cutaways showing the wolf and/or where you should be going. The cutaway cameras in particular didn't do anything to disperse the image Crystal has (with me) of forever looking over my shoulder and pointing me in the right direction.
The camera in the leaked demo was awful! Even if she's not in a tight area, it still shows only half of her body, so I dunno if Karl lied to me when answering my question about the camera.
Old 23-04-12, 17:02   #43
Stevo505
Relic Hunter

Remember someone recorded the screen with a video camera. They might not have captured the entire screen.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 17:04   #44
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
The camera in the leaked demo was awful! Even if she's not in a tight area, it still shows only half of her body, so I dunno if Karl lied to me when answering my question about the camera.
I'd have an issue with that too. As you've rightly said, being able to see the feet of the person you're controlling is pretty vital when it comes to navigating 3D spaces with relative ease.
Old 23-04-12, 17:11   #45
Doctorb
Archaeologist

When I saw the footage, I thought it was interesting, a bit Lara centric and nice graphics. Didn't see enough 'gameplay' to make a judgement either way. Some people seem to be mixing up gameplay with Lara doing stuff.
Doctorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 17:20   #46
Bomb Fighter
Professor

During and after Turning Point: Shes so beautiful and so real. Dont let her alone on that island.
During and after Den Gameplay: Wow, graphics are amazing so far, creepy sounds, great atmosphere, and Why are you hurting her so much, my poor girl!
During and after leaked gameplay: In the cutscene the acting is pure perfection. Her reactions are so real that I almost forgot its a game and not a movie.

Last edited by Bomb Fighter; 23-04-12 at 17:22.
Bomb Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 18:51   #47
tampi
Tomb Raider

I thought I was seeing the beginning of a great adventure. And that's what I keep thinking.
An adventure with the challenges of a graphics worthy of the year 2012. New techniques, new dares, new characters, new challenges, new puzzles, new weapons.
A new Lara.
An entire island to move through it. The boats, the sea, the mountains. The way out of there. Enemies. The oriental atmosphere. The explosions. Lara wounds ....
All that.
Old 23-04-12, 19:08   #48
larafan25
Legend

I liked that what I saw in the leaked gameplay was mission-based. I hope most of the gameplay in the hubs are mission-based, this gives the feeling that we'll actually be running through these environments finding places we can't access yet. I really want to use my environment and I want the world to be big.

I loved the focus on jumping in all of the platforming we've seen, no longer about ledge-hopping but actual platforming, that's definitely good.

Also the environment seemed so big and there seemed to be a lot going on beyond the walls of the hub.
Old 23-04-12, 19:13   #49
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with the cats and the first 9 TR games ie 1 through underworld

When i saw the trailer i was like meh
Old 23-04-12, 19:47   #50
Richard_Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I liked that what I saw in the leaked gameplay was mission-based. I hope most of the gameplay in the hubs are mission-based, this gives the feeling that we'll actually be running through these environments finding places we can't access yet. I really want to use my environment and I want the world to be big.

I loved the focus on jumping in all of the platforming we've seen, no longer about ledge-hopping but actual platforming, that's definitely good.

Also the environment seemed so big and there seemed to be a lot going on beyond the walls of the hub.

I really liked the leaked gameplay, it was breathtaking
But I hope they fix the box and trees, because it's a stormy weather and they don't move like they supposed to