www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 30-04-12, 22:25   #21
Anja
Archaeologist

Please, in Aod a whole bunch of stuff were already deleted, there was no time nor need of adding Zip.

Zip reminds me of Zipper.
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 22:48   #22
Caesum
Relic Hunter

Zip was like one of many reasons why TR Legend sucked. No, don't even try to tell me it didn't. Infact, I hate VCI levels mainly because of the Zipper sweetie.
Old 01-05-12, 06:42   #23
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
VCI was 1997 not 93.
no it's 95.
Old 01-05-12, 07:54   #24
aussie500

Peeves is right. Core could not even get the dates right in their own trailer. The official and final timeline from the AOD companion puts the VCI adventure in 1997 between the TR2 and TR3 adventures. They probably just reeled the dates of the timeline they had, and started in the wrong place.

From the AOD Companion
1968 Lara Croft was born
1979 Lara was 11 when she was enrolled at Wimbledon high school for girls
1984 Black Isle adventure Lara is 16
1989 Plane crash in the Himalayas Lara is 21
1995 Rome adventure
1997 VCI raid
1998 Hunt for the Spear of Destiny

The dates with the letter and extra background info some fans received for TR5.
1982 Black Isle
1989 Rome
1995 Spear of Destiny
1999 VCI

Lara was not investigating the Black Isle with her lucky backpack in 1982 when she would not go on her first adventure with Von Croy till 1984

Nor was she busy raiding Rome the same year she had the plane accident

We saw the Iris in TR3 which was set in 1998, so if she already had it why bother raiding VCI in 1999

The dates in the Chronicles trailer were
1999 Lara's memorial
1995 VCI
1989 Rome
1984 Spear of Destiny
1979 Black Isle

Lara was not investigating the Black Isle as a precocious 11 year old, nor was she investigating Russian submarines at sweet 16. Same problem with Rome and plane accidents, she needed time to recover, study and train. She could have raided VCI in 1995, but they never had the iris in the games till 1998, so decided to change it to that year.

Obviously by 2003 Core Design had hired someone to do the background info who could actually count. Fans need to take any date Core Design gave and examine it themselves to see if it is actually practical or feasible. The final version seemed fine to me, although I would have expected the Spear of Destiny to be earlier if Lara is saying she is a big girl now. If Lara is already famous in TR1 they should have put Rome a few years earlier and put the Russian adventure in 1995 or 1994. By the info we were given in the game, the Rome adventure would have to take place before the Spear of Destiny adventure.

Last edited by aussie500; 01-05-12 at 08:10.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 12:05   #25
Avalon SARL
Professor

That is because Zip was one those people who are crazy about hacking computers and systems of other hi-tech buildings; this is the only reason I believe to be possible.

VCI levels were highly technological buildings with computer systems and Lara needed access into those files to be able to steal the iris and she needed someone who could hack into the place for her own safety and Zip in that case was her choice to help her.

I don't think she needed him in her travels and other adventures; the reason that proves this is his complete nonesense and comments in Legend; it is not his place to be;

he is only good in places like VCI so he could hack into the file systems of the building and see through the place
Old 02-05-12, 18:51   #26
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I don't think she needed him in her travels and other adventures; the reason that proves this is his complete nonesense and comments in Legend; it is not his place to be;
I didn't mind Zip in Lara's other adventures like in Legend, and I loved most of his comments on the Legend levels, he was funny to have around and so was Alister.
Old 03-05-12, 01:50   #27
!Lara Croft!

Lara hired Zip to help her with a job, when that job was complete she didn't need him anymore. You wouldn't invite the plumber to live with you just because he cleaned the drain, would you?

...well...maybe if he was hot.
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 09:38   #28
Raider99
Professor

In that trailer above she missed when i was born!

Who matter about Zip, he was there, ok, he back in TRL etc...
Old 03-05-12, 11:02   #29
Avalon SARL
Professor

I also think the developers tried to make something similar to the movies where Lara had Bryce and Hillary living with her at home; at least those in the movie looked a bit more real and not as nosy as Zip and Alister were