www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 14-06-12, 10:22   #251
!Lara Croft!

I don't believe in harry potter or santa claus, why should i believe in osiris or the christian god? All of them are from man-made texts.
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 11:18   #252
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lara Croft! View Post
I don't believe in harry potter or santa claus, why should i believe in osiris or the christian god? All of them are from man-made texts.
Harry Potter and Santa Claus aren't even comparable and you know it.

By the way, I never said you should believe in them, just that you can't say you know religion is "made up".
Old 14-06-12, 11:33   #253
Archetype
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-raider26 View Post
The bible has been passed down for centuries. It's not god's word because people have been translating it.
That's like saying my word is not my word, because it's been translated so someone of a different language can understand what was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-raider26 View Post
It may have been at one point, if you believe it ever was. But there's been so much room for people to input their own biases into. The first bible was printed in the 1400s. So how do we know that up until then, people weren't just throwing in their own exaggerations/opinions/stories in there?
Read it with an open mind and heart, test the word. Find out for yourself.
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 11:39   #254
Draco
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post

By the way, I never said you should believe in them, just that you can't say you know religion is "made up".
There is plenty of evidence that indicates religions are artificial. Chief among them being that there is more than one and that each one is different, in many cases to extremes.
Old 14-06-12, 12:24   #255
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
There is plenty of evidence that indicates religions are artificial. Chief among them being that there is more than one and that each one is different, in many cases to extremes.
That doesn't prove anything. Looking at them all individually, there's no way of proving whether they're made up. It's also impossible to prove they're true as well. It's all about faith. When it comes to religion nobody knows anything either way.
Old 14-06-12, 13:03   #256
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Quote:
That doesn't prove anything. Looking at them all individually, there's no way of proving whether they're made up. It's also impossible to prove they're true as well. It's all about faith. When it comes to religion nobody knows anything either way.
+1
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 13:08   #257
January_Snow*
Professor

Quote:

And you can say it's not made up?
Seriously religious people are very quick to jump into an argument, how atheists are insulting their beliefs. Does anyone ever stop to think that, their pro god rants might be insulting to my personal oppinions and beliefs?

Last edited by January_Snow*; 14-06-12 at 13:11.
January_Snow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 13:33   #258
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by January_Snow* View Post
Seriously religious people are very quick to jump into an argument, how atheists are insulting their beliefs. Does anyone ever stop to think that, their pro god rants might be insulting to my personal oppinions and beliefs?
I never said I know it's not made up. I believe it's not made up, that's all.

I never said atheists were insulting my beliefs, nor was I going on a "pro-God rant". All I was saying is that when it comes to religion you can't say you know that it is made up or you know that it is not made up. Clearly you haven't been reading my posts because I've stressed that this is all about belief.

Read my posts next time before jumping in and accusing me of going on a "pro-God rant".
Old 14-06-12, 13:40   #259
patriots88888
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by January_Snow* View Post
Well speaking only for myself I would say you are assuming quite a lot with that statement of yours. Personally, I don't find atheists insulting unless they are being insulting... aka being needlessly rude, insensitive, crass, etc... which applies just the same to anyone of any (or no) belief. So if you find my personal beliefs insulting to you, all I can say to that is don't take my beliefs and my expressing them so personally... which would again apply to everyone and not just you.
Old 14-06-12, 14:16   #260
Draco
Gold Contributor

Quote:
And they are all made up until proven otherwise, that is how this works.