Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 19-01-15, 20:17   #11
Caesum

Actually RGB values are not for color, like in case of lightbulbs. Red value is used for density, while colors are set by flipeffects and/or FOG command in script.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15, 09:30   #12
SLAYER

Thanks for the comparison. It definitely looks better in the LE version.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15, 20:13   #13
TRJTA

I read in the level editor manual that the color of the fogbulbs is determined by a flipeffect with an entered value representing the color of the fog.

In the level editor, flipeffect 28 is used in Temple of Karnak, with a timer value of 23, which is a nice sandbrown color.
In the tomb of seth (even in the level editor version) a cyan color is used that is very similar to the color in the Last Revelation version of the temple of karnak. This trigger is set to timer 14.

So i went and changed the timer in temple of karnak to 14, and this is what came out:

The color is less saturated and the fog less strong, but it looks alike a lot.
My only explanation is that core somehow forgot to add the trigger that was supposed to change the fog into value 23, or that they accidentally put a wrong number in the timer box.
If only we could fix this somehow!

It seems they've fixed it for the level editor version of Temple of Karnak, which was released later of course, since it was packed with Chronicles.

Still I don't know why the fog is cyan in the tomb of seth, it looks so out of place :S

EDIT: I found the sucker! I converted the Karnak from last revelation to prj with tr2prj, and guess what I found: the trigger timer is set to 13:
13 instead of 23, typo anyone?

Does anyone know a way to edit trigger valued in a tr4 file? Perhaps it's possible with FloorEdit? I don't know because the application doesn't work on my pc

Darn, it's not possible to change the trigger value with FloorEdit or FexInspect. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-01-15 at 12:18.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 11:18   #14
TRJTA

sorry double post

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-01-15 at 11:45.
Old 21-01-15, 15:20   #15
loom

It certainly looks bad.It can look ok near underground water pools,but looks out of place anywhere else.
loom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 18:36   #16
TRJTA

Default I fixed it!!

Thanks to Sardoc i discovered TR SCP, and I succesfully added a trigger to activate the CORRECT fog color in Temple of Karnak, oh I'm so excited!
There's no way I can delete the faulty triggers, but I'll make it in a way that when you run forward into the level you always activate the right color of fog.
Then you'll only activate the cyan color again if you run back.

Here's a screenshot to prove it, and no this is not the Level Editor

Alright, I'm off fixing Tomb of Seth now. Which color of fog do you think is best there?

I'll upload the fixed .tr4 files as soon as they're finished

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-01-15 at 18:37.
Old 21-01-15, 18:37   #17
Sabatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post

Thanks to Sardoc i discovered TR SCP, and I succesfully added a trigger to activate the CORRECT fog color in Temple of Karnak, oh I'm so excited!

Here's a screenshot to prove it, and no this is not the Level Editor

Alright, I'm off fixing Tomb of Seth now. Which color of fog do you think is best there?

I'll upload the fixed .tr4 files as soon as they're finished
Looks great, Seth Tomb ? I thing Black like in original
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 18:42   #18
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatu View Post
Looks great, Seth Tomb ? I thing Black like in original
I made the fog black, and I've also fixed another Flipeffect 28 (Core, what were you doing xD) in the Tomb of Seth.
In the original game, when you walked back to the 'sphinx' room after the guide made the oil into lava, the fog was bright red, even in the sphinx room.
The intention of Core was that the fog color changed back, there is a flipeffect 28 in the corridor between the two rooms, but they set the timer to 100, which is an invalid value for fog, thus rendering it useless.
The corridor is full of triggers so I had to put the new triggers, which change the fog color back to black, on the stairs outside of the corridor, so you can see it change in sight sadly, but that's the only way to fix it right now.

Here are the fixed .tr4 files, available for download!

Temple of Karnak Fog Fix
Tomb of Seth Fog Fix

Let me know if any of you notice strange fog colors while playing the game, I know how to fix them now

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-01-15 at 19:48.
Old 21-01-15, 20:02   #19
Zavi

Why fix tomb of Seth? The cyan in that level looked flawless
Zavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 20:12   #20
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavi View Post
Why fix tomb of Seth? The cyan in that level looked flawless
It glitched the transparant cogweb textures very much, and in my opinion it looks really out of place. The glitchy cogweb color alone is enough reason for me to fix it. Just don't download it if you don't want it

Could a moderator please remove the question mark from this title thread and make it an exclamation mark or something? :P

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-01-15 at 20:14.