Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 10-11-17, 23:29   #12161
AkyV

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 30
; Exporting: CONDITION(30:0) for PARAMETER(999) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : Animation=   999
; <&> : Lara. (Animation) Lara is performing <#>animation
; (E) : 
; Values to add in script command: $8000, 999, $1E
The C30 code for Animation999 is $8000, 999, $1E.
What if you try to trick the Flipeffect code. I mean, exporting this trigger into the script as $8000, 1007, $1E and $8000, 1015, $1E, for animation 1007/1015.
I mean, the ID range in "Object to trigger" fields should be 0-1023 for Condition triggers. Both 1007 and 1015 are less than 1023.
(I suppose Paolone wanted a nice-looking trigger and he didn't suppose there will be bigger animations for Lara than 1000, that is why not 1023 animation is the upper limit in the trigger. Maybe.)

Last edited by AkyV; 10-11-17 at 23:30.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-17, 23:39   #12162
SrDanielPonces

^ ah, that worked

She plays at the beggining of the animation - so I guess I'll add an organizer so the flipeffect plays at the last frame.

Anyways, Lara bugs in the vehicle as if you used DOZY while on it. I wonder if there is a way to tell the engine that Lara is out the vehicle?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-17, 23:44   #12163
AkyV

GlobalTrigger, FGT_NOT_TRUE, GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM, HOLD_KAYAK
Old 10-11-17, 23:53   #12164
SrDanielPonces

ah yes, I see.

So I did this: FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED + FGT_NOT_TRUE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP + GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM, HOLD_KAYAK

Although I'm not sure if the "+" can be used for all those flags.
it acts like if there was no globaltrigger though - but FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED and GT_CONDITION_GROUP are necessary

I'm pondering though, the globaltrigger says something like "Lara is peforming animation 1007 (from the conditiontriggergroup)" however she's NOT in the kayak. How can she peform this animation while not being in the kayak? Am I missing something?

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 10-11-17 at 23:54.
Old 11-11-17, 11:35   #12165
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
ah yes, I see.

So I did this: FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED + FGT_NOT_TRUE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP + GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM, HOLD_KAYAK

Although I'm not sure if the "+" can be used for all those flags.
it acts like if there was no globaltrigger though - but FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED and GT_CONDITION_GROUP are necessary
GT_CONDITION_GROUP is not necessary if you have another GT typed. Which doesn't mean the condition TriggerGroup ID will be ignored if you use only GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM.

Quote:
I'm pondering though, the globaltrigger says something like "Lara is peforming animation 1007 (from the conditiontriggergroup)" however she's NOT in the kayak. How can she peform this animation while not being in the kayak? Am I missing something?
I don't clearly understand what you say. What is the script?
Old 11-11-17, 16:25   #12166
SrDanielPonces

^

Code:
GlobalTrigger= 6, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED + FGT_NOT_TRUE, GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM, HOLD_KAYAK, 2,22,-1
TriggerGroup= 2, $8000, 1007, $1E
TriggerGroup= 22, $2000, 77, $4D
What I mean is that she can't be peforming animation 1007 if she's not in the kayak.

When I said "Is there a way to tell the engine that Lara is not in the kayak?", what I meant was "I need Lara to get out of the kayak, so when she ends animation 1007, she will jump as she did really leave the kayak, or else she will be stuck like if you used dozy inside the vehicle".

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 11-11-17 at 16:29.
Old 11-11-17, 18:07   #12167
Titak

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but I figured I could share a setup I have for the rubberboat.
It could perhaps be of help somehow.

Lara can jump into the rubberboat, but she can't drive it while it is still chained to the jetty.
Code:
; ------ Lara can't use rubber boat while it is still chained to the jetty 
TriggerGroup=   74, $8000, 12, $23 ; condition that Lara is driving rubberboat
Organizer=      6, FO_TICK_TIME, IGNORE, 0, 75, 110, 76 
TriggerGroup=   75, $2000, 51, $2, $2000, 51, $1, $2000, 51, $9, $2000, 51, $8, $2000, 51, $4, $2000, 51, $3 
				; disable arrow down, up, action, jump, right, left 
TriggerGroup=   76, $2000, 78, $3 ; force StateId4 (jump out on left side)
TriggerGroup=   77, $2000, 290, $6 
GlobalTrigger=  25, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, 74, 77, -1
So this setup disables the game commands that are used for driving the boat and then after some time Lara will jump out.
I can't remember why I used the Organizer to delay her jumping out. Probably to allow her to finish the climbing into the boat animation.
Anyway, making her jump out did not work by forcing the jump out animation, but it did work by forcing the StateID that the jumping out of the boat animation has.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 18:15   #12168
SrDanielPonces

^ The problem is that at the end of the exit animation of the rubber boat, Lara will jump to the sides (I'm assuming the State ID you used is the one where she is exiting the rubber boat, and the next animation of that is jumping, which is in LARA object). However in the kayak, after the exiting animation, Lara will fall down instead of jumping.. you understand? If only I could force the animation one frame after she finished animation 1007 (exactly when she starts the falling down animation)...

EDIT: So, replying to your suggestion, I don't want to force Lara to exit the kayak - I want lara to jump (instead of falling down) when the player makes her leave the kayak

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 11-11-17 at 18:18.
Old 11-11-17, 18:40   #12169
Titak

Oh, I think I understand now.

And I didn't realise she falls.
I seem to remember her jumping out of the kayak.
Wahtever...

How about adding an anim command to the last frame of 1007 which forces the jump?
Or add this anim command to the first frame of the animation which comes after 1007? Or would that be the falling animation in the LARA object?

Just thinking out loud really...
Dabbling with such hardcoded things with vehicles is not my thing really... and the dabbling I did did not work very well, running into hardcoded things that could not or are very hard to bypass with scripting.
For example, Krystian helped me with scripting some stuff for the quadbike.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 19:11   #12170
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
How about adding an anim command to the last frame of 1007 which forces the jump?
Or add this anim command to the first frame of the animation which comes after 1007? Or would that be the falling animation in the LARA object?
Yes. I tried that right after I read your suggestion though - but it works the same - she falls to the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Just thinking out loud really...
Dabbling with such hardcoded things with vehicles is not my thing really... and the dabbling I did did not work very well, running into hardcoded things that could not or are very hard to bypass with scripting.
For example, Krystian helped me with scripting some stuff for the quadbike.
Where is Krystian when we need him
I hope I do make this work, or else I've spent so many hours on making an entire new set of animations for this new vehicle (based on kayak) for nothing - also because without it the whole level design will rip

Thank you, though