Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-02-18, 12:09   #11
_Seth

I recall one of the texture packs displaying them as hanging chains, which is what I then interpreted them to be.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 12:29   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well we can all agree that it is definitely some method of pushing or pulling the stone block, be it holes, chains or missing handles
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 01:08   #13
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Although they are just a flat texture on the face of the pushable stone block, i would think that they represent rusty stained pull or push handles that have rusted of.

The pyramid...
A bit off topic but......It reminded me of the small 'doors' in the shafts of the great pyramid. Though the mystery there, is although they look like handles, there is noway anyone could get physically inside these very small shafts to pull open the 'door'. So could be handles or could be used for other mysterious purposes, which I have no idea of.

If I knew that i could write a best selling book

Absolutely, and the timing seems right. These were discovered in 1995, while TR1 development was in full blast.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 11:04   #14
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

One of the most interesting controversies about the above door, is that if you look above the door (in the above photo) you can see chunks out of the small roof, (or is it etchings?), and that it depicts a star map that was chiseled out of the roof rock and then placed there in situ.

The following youtube video goes for the theory that a star map was made by the pyramid builders in this inaccessible shaft. And with precession of the stars it is possible to estimate the time of the building of the pyramid.

Was it Khufu in 2500BC the builder?, and my own personal opinion is that he was not the builder, as there is no mention on the pyramid of him building it except for a bit of old graffetti, (this graffetti is located in one of the spaces above the kings chamber). Now if I had made that pyramid, I would have put my name in very large letters (hieroglyphics) all over it, etched in stone for eternity

Hence, do we accept what Egyptologist's tell us as face value, is correct, without looking into it further?

The other date option on the star map would be 9200BC, around 10,500 years ago, the time of the legendary sudden ending of Atlantis, who's survivors supposedly moved out of their destroyed lands and taught pyramid building to many races throughout the planet, so they could build pyramids.
So nowadays we see pyramids built all around the world.

When you check out this video, the star map lines up with what was seen in the sky in 9200BC, hence the pyramids could far older than they tell us. And I tend to believe that they are. Its a very interesting subject indeed

Last edited by The Great Chi; 18-02-18 at 11:09.
Old 18-02-18, 15:04   #15
Caesum

I believe the pyramids were already dated using methods like radiocarbon dating method which result in absolute dating? If that is the case then what archaeologists say is probably true since these methods are the most accurate so far.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 17:35   #16
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

The problem with carbon dating is that it must be on organic material, and the pyramids are made of stone. Some organic materials like pieces of wood have been found, but it is questionable when they were placed there.

http://robertbauval.co.uk/articles/articles/DE49.html
Old 24-02-18, 22:51   #17
Patrick Shannon

Yes, the push/pull blocks in TR1 are modeled after "Gantenbrink's Door," which was discovered in the Great Pyramind by Rudolph Gantenbrink a few years before the first Tomb Raider game.

Here's a detailed thread from 2013 that fully covers the topic:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ht=gantenbrink

Last edited by Patrick Shannon; 24-02-18 at 22:58.
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote