Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 19-12-14, 00:23   #21
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson View Post
There is a lady that goes to my church that her name is pronounced laree and is spelled Laura. My daughter's X pronounced her name Laree. Odd.

Anyway, I guess it is alright for the characters to have an affair, just so long as Lara stays a virgin. Then again there is the Nine Bells?

Why should Lara stay a virgin? I couldn't care less myself, and I wouldn't be too keen on relationship issues being brought into the game. I'm not against Lara having a relationship and even mentioning a partner, but I don't see why it should be part of the game. Lara can explore alone.. I was just curious why specifically you'd say she should stay a virgin?

As for the Lara/Laura debate, I'm with Mikky, mispronouncing Lara is one thing, it happens, but misspelling it, when it's all over the game boxes, the forums, the articles she's mentioned in...get it right, people.

As for the actual topic, the cam corder recording is enough to see that Reyes and Roth have a thing going on, though without the journals, which some people may miss, it is unclear that Roth is Alisha's dad, so it's understandable that the op thought this may have been new/little known information .
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-14, 23:33   #22
disney prince
Inactive

Lara*
disney prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 12:45   #23
TRMihaela

Finally I found a thread with TR2013 (I think)

(I know, bad quality of the image)
What is this? Invisible enemies?
TRMihaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 21:58   #24
jmwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Why should Lara stay a virgin? I couldn't care less myself, and I wouldn't be too keen on relationship issues being brought into the game. I'm not against Lara having a relationship and even mentioning a partner, but I don't see why it should be part of the game. Lara can explore alone.. I was just curious why specifically you'd say she should stay a virgin?

As for the Lara/Laura debate, I'm with Mikky, mispronouncing Lara is one thing, it happens, but misspelling it, when it's all over the game boxes, the forums, the articles she's mentioned in...get it right, people.

As for the actual topic, the cam corder recording is enough to see that Reyes and Roth have a thing going on, though without the journals, which some people may miss, it is unclear that Roth is Alisha's dad, so it's understandable that the op thought this may have been new/little known information .

a virgin... Well... kuz me and LC are getting hitched.

The Lara/Laura debate... You do realize that social advancement started in Arkansas.

As for the actual topic... I didn't catch this right off, but now that I look, there are hints thought most of the game. I still cannot see why they, programmers, would do this.

Mike

Last edited by jmwilson; 20-12-14 at 22:11.
jmwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 23:34   #25
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson View Post
As for the actual topic... I didn't catch this right off, but now that I look, there are hints thought most of the game. I still cannot see why they, programmers, would do this.
What do you mean exactly?
The reason why they did it was both to up the stakes, humanize the secondary characters to make the player care more and to up the level of the Lara-Reyes conflict.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-14, 07:41   #26
jmwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
What do you mean exactly?
The reason why they did it was both to up the stakes, humanize the secondary characters to make the player care more and to up the level of the Lara-Reyes conflict.

You may be right Trenton. The more realistic a game is the better. I know it seems like I can smell the dust in some of the tombs.
jmwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-14, 07:43   #27
SamCactus101

Lolz I love how the thread started with the topic of Reyes and Roth and then suddenly becomes a topic of accents and how to pronounce Lara's name.

If anyone still cares lol, I would've like that Roth got to know who Alisha really is before you know.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-14, 10:37   #28
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
If anyone still cares lol, I would've like that Roth got to know who Alisha really is before you know.
I wouldn't. Because Roth never needed to know. The fact that he doesn't know makes his death even more tragic for the player (and that's always the most important thing), plus it affects Reyes, a character who is still around in the game after Roth dies. She needs to live with that she never got to tell him and this again fuels into the Lara-Reyes conflict.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote