Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-01-12, 01:44   #31
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore View Post
FINALLY, someone that shares my opinion.

I can't even begin to express how much I hate those types of fanboys.

IT'S HIS UNIVERSE. He CREATED it. IMO he can do whatever he wants with it.

....Or could, seeing as he's retiring. But I'll forever be grateful for the experience that the Star Wars movies provided me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Exactly. This whole sheep mentality of hating on Luacs, and the new trilogy, is getting really old.

He created an awesome universe, and they are HIS films, he can do whatever he wants to them.

The man has earned his retirement, and more power to him.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 02:25   #32
Shark_Blade

Meh, people can dislike what they don't like as they are the consumers anyway.

The fanboys can like what they like, the others can dislike what they don't like. Everybody wins.

I personally don't like his new stuff much. Happy retirement Lucas.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 02:28   #33
benjamin_2010

who's he
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 07:11   #34
Alpharaider47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I actually enjoyed Indy 4, more so than the Last Crusade.
I'll do you a favor and pretend you didn't just pick Shia over Sean Connery. One time deal though kiddo.

I think it's about time George put an end to his Star Wars career. The original trilogy was amazing, some of the best 3 movies I've ever seen, and choosing Harrison Ford as Han Solo was sheer brilliance. The 3 prequels weren't as great in my opinion, but they weren't bad films. There was a lot I'd have liked to have seen done differently in some ways, but it's his universe, his playground to do with what he wanted. I don't bash him for Star Wars. Indiana Jones on the other hand, a series that pretty much shaped the last 16 years of my life, I do hold against him. The originals were amazing, Temple of Doom a low point in my opinion, but an enjoyable low point. Indy 4... well there's nothing I can say about it that hasn't been said before. And he wants a 5th one... I'm holding Spielberg as responsible for whatever happens in this one, and the last one.

I think it's a good decision to step away from the franchise though. There's a lot that can be done with periods that Lucas himself didn't explore, much like Bioware has done. He succeeded in creating a rich universe that, while there are things a lot of fans don't like, there exists the potential to tell stories arguably greater than that of 6 mere movies.
Alpharaider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 07:17   #35
voltz

We have to keep in mind even if he's done, he still has to give his blessings regarding some of the more important projects that come by. That includes exploring and creating new areas the franchise hasn't been to, plus he can rule out against sequels if he decides it's not something he's pleased with.

Tolken's son has the same authority and it was just luck for us he gave Jackson the go ahead.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 07:43   #36
Alpharaider47

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
We have to keep in mind even if he's done, he still has to give his blessings regarding some of the more important projects that come by. That includes exploring and creating new areas the franchise hasn't been to, plus he can rule out against sequels if he decides it's not something he's pleased with.

Tolken's son has the same authority and it was just luck for us he gave Jackson the go ahead.
While this is true, I'd argue that over the past few years the Star Wars products that have come from outside Lucas and Lucas Arts themselves have been superior to most of what the two have come up with recently.
Alpharaider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-12, 07:03   #37
voltz

I had a funny thought, what if "Star Wars Holiday Special" were given the green light for Blu-Ray?
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote