Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 19-01-15, 12:59   #1
justme4evah

Default We should petition CD to release a new PC Patch for Tomb Raider Legend's Next Gen

I have replayed Tomb Raider Legend with NextGen and I must say on PC it has so many graphical glitches despite it being so much more beautiful than last-gen.

For example, in Ghana when you reach the room with two jammed water wheels and where some guys attack you, the leftmost water wheel(as you enter the room) is already activated, the water is practically flowing as if the puzzle was already activated. If you climb up stairs to the top of the water wheel the water is falling from somewhere and sometimes it appears sometimes it disappears (depending on the camera).

Also, if you follow the hallway water is coming out of thin air! I mean, really...The water should be falling and flowing after you activate the puzzle! And wait, there's more, Lara is getting wet from the thin air in an area close to where you have to climb to the machine gun!

Another glitch occurs in Nepal if you have Next-Gen and Depths of the Field on. The little cave where you get the first silver treasure is green and transparent. If you disable Depths of the Field it is no longer green but the cave is still transparent. Also, before you slide down to the artifact there is a black thing like a texture appearing and disappearing, just after you grab the ledge.

Lastly, if NextGen and Widescreen is turned on, ropes seem to be distorted(also depending on camera) but you can fix that using the FOV hack (disable widescreen and adjust aspect ratio)

All those bugs and glitches were fixed for the Xbox360 and PS3 versions so we should require Crystal to create a new patch for PC so that we're even . Ah, they should add steam overlay too! What do you think? Oh, please don't tell me to turn off NextGen because the game looks so much better with it on.
justme4evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 13:56   #2
michaeldt

It'd be nice.

But I don't see any company, let alone Crystal patching a 9 year old game anytime soon.

wait

JESUS CHRIST TRL IS 9 YEARS AGO THIS YEAR O.O
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 15:11   #3
Enya Brennan

^I was thinking about that today. Time flies!
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 18:49   #4
justme4evah

Hey...I've been thinking...The guys that worked on AOD (fixed its controls, updated graphics) could look into to create a patch that fixes some glitches for Tomb Raider Legend (or at least that Ghana glitch ).

I've read that they must be on this forum. Do you know anything. Should we ask them?

The whole bad thing is that guys that do this kind of fixes aren't very well rewarded (other than earning people's respect, trust and kindness ) from their hard work. People that do this kind of stuff should be rewarded someway...
Old 19-01-15, 18:58   #5
sackboy123

Have you checked out TRHUB it's got loads of Next gen mods for the non Next gen people so you can use the Next gen mods with Next gen content off and it will run flawlessly
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 19:21   #6
PhantomPain

So there's bugs actually affecting gameplay in the PC next gen mode? I only knew about a small wall in Bolivia that was invisible in the NG mode
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 19:28   #7
sackboy123

There are also some crashing to the Desktop which can't be helped
Old 19-01-15, 19:33   #8
justme4evah

Thank you sackyboy for your feedback.

Actually, the crashing to desktop has been fixed. I have been playing for a while(next gen on) and no crashes (tested both Steam and DVD version). Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/7000/d...9742648003342/ (hope it's ok if I post it here)
Old 19-01-15, 19:39   #9
sackboy123

It's probably ok since it is Steam and this forum has it's own Steam ID exchange thread and thanks for the link, I check it out later
Old 19-01-15, 19:47   #10
justme4evah

OK!

Last edited by justme4evah; 28-01-15 at 12:40.