Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-08-18, 14:00   #1
Greenapple968

Default European Club Football 2018-2019

Those of you who have closely engaged with this forum over the previous years should know by now how these Threads work. To summarise briefly: the purpose of this Thread is for us to talk about anything concerning European Club Football over the coming Season.

In the previous Thread, I stated that I (for a laugh) put a small amount of money on Swansea to win the Premier League, at odds of 1000/1. For me, the insult to injury is the fact that not only did Swansea have a poor Season, but they even got Relegated. This hasn't stopped me from putting a bet on one of the massive outsiders, intended as a bit of fun. This Season I put the same amount of money on Fulham to win the Premier League Title, at odds of 1000/1.

That's the Thread started, now who would like to join in?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 19:42   #2
Dazzy

Fulham, that's a better prediction than the Swansea one. It looks like most people tip Man City to retain the league, people are right to back them too. Seems Man Utd are being written off to win the league, I prefer that, atleast then we may surprise people but I forget we are not that good to watch, boring even.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 20:13   #3
drbunnig

I'm not usually too optimistic going into a new season, but I've got a good feeling about Liverpool this time round. We've made some good acquisitions (Shaqiri for £13m in this transfer climate is an absolute steal) to hopefully give us the depth we've been missing for a while. Not quite perfect, but we're getting there. I still expect a City title win, but I think we've a great shot at getting second.
drbunnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 23:34   #4
welshguy34

Man City are clear favourites for the title and they have the strongest squad, Liverpool have bought well and strengthened in the right areas it seems. Hope United's season is not derailed by Mourinho's behaviour and they can challenge City too. Alas, for Cardiff, I think it's relegation.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-18, 22:43   #5
Dazzy

Man Utd suck, and it's sad.
Old 20-08-18, 17:25   #6
Greenapple968

Looks like now is the time to start putting money on Bournemouth to win the Premier League Title and Arsenal to be Relegated; with only 36 games remaining, it's not like there's enough time for Bournemouth to slip up or for Arsenal to put things right. Conclusion: head down to the bookies while the odds are still attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
Fulham, that's a better prediction than the Swansea one. It looks like most people tip Man City to retain the league, people are right to back them too. Seems Man Utd are being written off to win the league, I prefer that, atleast then we may surprise people but I forget we are not that good to watch, boring even.
It seems that I curse the Premier League underdogs when betting on them to win the Title; first Swansea, now Fulham. I bet on Swansea and they get Relegated, then I bet on Fulham and they start off two defeats. Congrats to Bournemouth; it's taken them just two games to earn more than half the total number of points that Derby County earned from 38 Premier League games. As for United, I think that Jose might have lost the dressing room again and the only solution is sacking him. Sacking him wouldn't be necessary if he could just come forward and admit to being wrong and letting the players have it their way, but Jose would never admit to being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbunnig View Post
I'm not usually too optimistic going into a new season, but I've got a good feeling about Liverpool this time round. We've made some good acquisitions (Shaqiri for £13m in this transfer climate is an absolute steal) to hopefully give us the depth we've been missing for a while. Not quite perfect, but we're getting there. I still expect a City title win, but I think we've a great shot at getting second.
I don't know what to say about Liverpool. I personally find them harder to like than the other top sides, sorry. After what happened in 2015/2016, I find that a Season usually feels most complete when an underdog overachieves. But of course, Liverpool are no underdogs. Bournemouth have pleased me the most out of the underdogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshguy34 View Post
Man City are clear favourites for the title and they have the strongest squad, Liverpool have bought well and strengthened in the right areas it seems. Hope United's season is not derailed by Mourinho's behaviour and they can challenge City too. Alas, for Cardiff, I think it's relegation.
City probably are the statistical favourites, yes. They are much better off than their red rivals at the moment. I don't know when the next Manchester derby is, but unless something drastically changes, then I think United could be in for a thumping. Right now, I'd say that Chelsea and Bournemouth are looking the next strongest after City. Realistically speaking, Bournemouth probably can't hope for too much more than finishing in the top half, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
Man Utd suck, and it's sad.
Jose.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-18, 01:18   #7
Dazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post

Jose.
He won't last the season man, and the sooner he goes the better. The derby vs City is in November. I think we will be 20 points behind them at that point. I don't even know what we will do this season, we look as flat as a pancake.
Old 07-10-18, 19:24   #8
drbunnig

So how is everyone feeling about their respective teams so far this season?

Points wise it's been a great start for Liverpool, but performances have been far from convincing. The front three are failing to click, and Klopp seems reluctant to change things up (I'm not sure why Shaqiri isn't getting much game time). Defensively things are much better though. Gomez and van Dijk are looking like a solid partnership, and Allison has instilled a lot more confidence in goal.

Thankfully, we've come through a difficult run of fixtures in relatively decent shape. Going out of the League Cup and a loss in the Champions League aren't ideal, I grant you, but considering the teams we've played in the past few weeks, it could've been far worse. After the international break (urgh), the next few fixtures should hopefully give the forward line a chance to start firing again.
Old 20-10-18, 09:12   #9
Dazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbunnig View Post
So how is everyone feeling about their respective teams so far this season?
If I told you how I feel about Man Utd's start to the season, I'll be here all day.
Old 02-06-19, 11:07   #10
drbunnig

Six times