Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 02-08-10, 14:56   #1341
Catracoth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld2008 View Post
I didn't know the "origins" story was comfirmed? my idea's were based of the fact nothing was comfirmed, sorry!
Which is why I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
If TR9 is like how we think it is...
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 20:46   #1342
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by danraid View Post
Younger lara transformation into a hardened adventurer or present lara on a new adventure on a deserted Island?

A very dark atmosphere or a more colorful palette?

I actually don't really mind having a younger Lara if there is no connection with her past or any family, friend related stuff. But I would like it more to see the mature Lara cause I would have so much more fun discovering This whole open Island with the Lara I like most.

This new dark approach could be very interesting and mysterious. But when it's to dark the whole time it's getting boring. So I would like a huge differences in the game when it's night and day. When it's day the colors are very bright and colorful, and in the night it's getting really dark and scary
I'm sorry, but you can't really have a wide color palette and expect the game to be scary, like it's supposedly suppose to be. Colors evoke happiness. I'm sure the game will have a wide variety of colors, because there will be various different areas. And for one thing...that concept is at night. Can't really see any color in the night. Plus that adds to the dark atmosphere. As for that edit of Lara...her proportions look so wrong. Her make up is clownish and she looks like a Disney character.

I want a mature game. None of this BS anymore. I personally love the outfit and the whole atmosphere in the original horse chase concept. It's so dark and terrifying. It's bursting with atmosphere and Lara's outfit and very nice. It's not tight and rediculously stupid looking like previous installments. The rawness of it and that fact that Lara is in it makes it super sexy, and I love the light blue top with the pants. The only thing I would change, is that I think this is the opportunity to reintroduce the braid to Lara. That model would look great with it. But I'm not that fussed about hair.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 02-08-10 at 20:53.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:29   #1343
danraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
I'm sorry, but you can't really have a wide color palette and expect the game to be scary, like it's supposedly suppose to be. Colors evoke happiness. I'm sure the game will have a wide variety of colors, because there will be various different areas. And for one thing...that concept is at night. Can't really see any color in the night. Plus that adds to the dark atmosphere. As for that edit of Lara...her proportions look so wrong. Her make up is clownish and she looks like a Disney character.

I want a mature game. None of this BS anymore. I personally love the outfit and the whole atmosphere in the original horse chase concept. It's so dark and terrifying. It's bursting with atmosphere and Lara's outfit and very nice. It's not tight and rediculously stupid looking like previous installments. The rawness of it and that fact that Lara is in it makes it super sexy, and I love the light blue top with the pants. The only thing I would change, is that I think this is the opportunity to reintroduce the braid to Lara. That model would look great with it. But I'm not that fussed about hair.
You really like to slate everything I say and done, don't you? I never said anywhere that my Perfect mature Lara would look like this so called 'clownish disney monster'. It's just that I made a over the top comparisons between the two. Please read my post better next time. And with colors i'm not talking about some 'Fantasy over the top' colors. Just some more colors like in the Classics games or different colors of light use like the one you see in LCGOL. And no brownish and grayish walls like in the CD trilogy! Colors don't necessarily means 'happy', sun with grass make the grass seems greener does that mean it's happy? NO! And also when I said scary i talked about the night and darkness, So almost no use of colors maybe sort of blueish colors because of the moon!
And the artwork on the horse is in daylight the sun is behind the jumping monster ! No way that could be the moon! it's just cloudy

Last edited by danraid; 02-08-10 at 22:51.
danraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:34   #1344
larafan25

Quote:
Younger lara transformation into a hardened adventurer or present lara on a new adventure on a deserted Island?

A very dark atmosphere or a more colorful palette?

I actually don't really mind having a younger Lara if there is no connection with her past or any family, friend related stuff. But I would like it more to see the mature Lara cause I would have so much more fun discovering This whole open Island with the Lara I like most.

This new dark approach could be very interesting and mysterious. But when it's to dark the whole time it's getting boring. So I would like a huge differences in the game when it's night and day. When it's day the colors are very bright and colorful, and in the night it's getting really dark and scary
I think giving Lara a gun in that picture ruins the idea of...well...the game having guns.

I like the idea of realizing "Hey guns are just ranged weapons, compared to meele weapons and other such items". So here it's not Lara Croft prancing about on a horse looking fly with her guns out, instead it's Lara Croft riding a horse and choosing a weapon that fits her situation or simply her choice and uses it.

I guess my thing is this, I do not want the game to be about guns, braids, colourful outfits, nor do I care how tanned Lara is (spending a lot of time in dark tombs). I want to raid tombs and be able to find and use whatever I want.

I do like the colours though, I am sure there will be such colours, I just don't think they will be features in that area during nighttime and in whatever specific weather is occuring.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:45   #1345
danraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I think giving Lara a gun in that picture ruins the idea of...well...the game having guns.

I like the idea of realizing "Hey guns are just ranged weapons, compared to meele weapons and other such items". So here it's not Lara Croft prancing about on a horse looking fly with her guns out, instead it's Lara Croft riding a horse and choosing a weapon that fits her situation or simply her choice and uses it.
Yes, I agree the gun has something off, There's actually only one gun the other hand is still in bow position I guess it's just putting me behind Photoshop that makes me change too much, doesn't mean i do not want guns in the game

Although you won't hear me scream if unlimited ammo is gone
Old 02-08-10, 21:54   #1346
larafan25

Quote:
Yes, I agree the gun has something off, There's actually only one gun the other hand is still in bow position I guess it's just putting me behind Photoshop that makes me change too much, doesn't mean i do not want guns in the game

Although you won't hear me scream if unlimited ammo is gone
I don't want guns, I want ranged weapons, which happens to include guns. I am just so sick of the focus being on guns, if combat sucks make it fit, I think combat should be about using whatever you can find from the ancient reckage.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:58   #1347
danraid

Yeah that's what i want too like they described in the concept:Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different meeled and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunters ultimate weapon, the bow.
Old 03-08-10, 08:05   #1348
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
You really like to slate everything I say and done, don't you? I never said anywhere that my Perfect mature Lara would look like this so called 'clownish disney monster'. It's just that I made a over the top comparisons between the two. Please read my post better next time. And with colors i'm not talking about some 'Fantasy over the top' colors. Just some more colors like in the Classics games or different colors of light use like the one you see in LCGOL. And no brownish and grayish walls like in the CD trilogy! Colors don't necessarily means 'happy', sun with grass make the grass seems greener does that mean it's happy? NO! And also when I said scary i talked about the night and darkness, So almost no use of colors maybe sort of blueish colors because of the moon!
And the artwork on the horse is in daylight the sun is behind the jumping monster ! No way that could be the moon! it's just cloudy
Sorry I didn't mean to "attack" you earlier. I was just in a really bad mood. Poor judgement on my part. I apologize. I actually take back some of what I said...I totally overreacted. I like the colors. Just not the ones on Lara in your edit.

But I still think it looks like its at night...

Then again...I guess I don't know for certain.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 03-08-10 at 08:07.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:06   #1349
danraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
Sorry I didn't mean to "attack" you earlier. I was just in a really bad mood. Poor judgement on my part. I apologize. I actually take back some of what I said...I totally overreacted. I like the colors. Just not the ones on Lara in your edit.

But I still think it looks like its at night...

Then again...I guess I don't know for certain.
No problem I guess it's a cloudy and foggy day, just like in Mexico which is also in day if i'm correct.

It at some mysterious feeling..?
Old 03-08-10, 15:27   #1350
cezy rockeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Fix the Camera, its got a Screw loose and goes Everywhere.

Kill the Blackout Screens and let Lara fall to the Ground and Stay there, im sick of the Ragdoll on Ice effect.

Make Lara Impale Spikes instead of her sliding through it and let us see her Burn, instead of her just dropping Dead.

Add a Save and Load System, Cut the Checkpoint Nonsence.

Please Stop Copying Ideas from Other Games, this isent Drake Uncharted or Stargate or Prince of Persia or Soul Reaver.
Dont be Hollywood, be You and give us a Real TR Game.

Enough with the Trilogys and the Family Relations, keep those Soapie Dramas on TV in Days of our Lives.

Get a Better Storywriter who knows what he's doing and can make a 1 TR Game Storyline with an Awsome Beginning and an Awsome Ending so that we can Start Fresh with a New TR Game.

Add more Freeable ways to Explore, TRU got many Invisible Walls.

Put in a Classic Outfit for Lara.

Stop trying to Show more on Lara if you are Worried about her Sex Appeal, i keep seeing her Butt with that Swimsuit on in the Medsea Level.

Get rid of the Stupid Sonar Map, its Utterly Useless and i Barely use it.

Could you please Not show us the Danger like the Approaching Tigers in Thailand and the Tentacles that burst out of nowhere in a Cutscene, let them happen in Gameplay so that we can be Attacked from out of Nowhere.

Keep the Silence and the Atmosphere in TR9 and if Zip has to be in the Next Game, keep him out Completly from Cutscenes aswell.

Add a TR1 TR2 TR3 Manor with an Outside and a Track Course please.

Keep the Same Controls for TR9, the TRU Controls are Perfect.

I Love the New Health System and the Health Cups we find, its Actually way Better then Medipacks and it keeps on our Toes if i still got some because im about to Die.

I love the Sticky Bombs and the Tranguilizer Gun.

Keep the Blood Puffs, they are Cool.

Please keep the Same Game Options if we want Help or not or Reticules or not.

I love the way the Ledges are hidden with the Atmosphere, but make the Rings Smaller please and not so Golden.

Cut the Poles and the Constant Ledges, we like to keep our Feet on the Ground for most of the time.

Gigantic Levels and More Levels, i feel Cheated by TRU. http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8108/50228319vj4.jpg
I agree with you! I hate the checkpoints..WTF if we want to save somewhere,the stupid checkpoint sends me God knows where O.o Let us save where we want!!
cezy rockeru is offline   Reply With Quote