Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-03-12, 03:13   #1
jhs270694

Default Introvert or Extrovert?

With lack of information, we are starving. So at this point in time I've just decided to launch a new thread for the sake to pass time and have something to talk about. I've made a similar thread once before but i feel i went overboard with it.

To the point:

Is new lara an introvert or extrovert? Why?

Is old lara an introvert or extrovert? Why?

I actually find it much easier to debate about old lara because we can use the past games as references towards judging her.

No one has brought up this topic before or i haven't found one yet. I personally think she's an introvert because she doesn't have a wide band of friends in the previous games and is often a 'loner' or at least prefers to be.

I don't know about new Lara but she's probably a 'weaker' introvert with slightly extrovert qualities. She doesn't seem to prefer to be alone as she wants to be a part of the expedition but she also seems to show signs of introspection such as when she's staring at herself in the mirror judging herself internally (An introvert habit in my opinion), plus she'd probably condition herself to be more deeply internalised while she's on the island because that's what you do when your alone for a long period of time. CD do have a habit of altering her personality slightly.

As for a bit of fun, are you introverted or extroverted? I'm introverted
jhs270694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:14   #2
larafan25

Oh definately an Extrovert this time (extroverted is the more...social one right?).
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:16   #3
jhs270694

Yeh, you sort of express yourself externally. that was a fast reply omg lol
Old 08-03-12, 03:17   #4
larafan25

I guess I should explain too, it just seems based on how Karl has spoken about Lara wanting experience and adventure and to be seen respectfully by her peers, also all of her actions in the leaked cutscene, she seems extroverted.
Old 08-03-12, 03:21   #5
jhs270694

Thats actually quite interesting of you to say, old lara was actually a very strong introvert. Introverts aren't your stereotypical laid back lazy people. introverts want to have experience and adventure as much as the extrovert does albeit in a less expressive way
Old 08-03-12, 03:22   #6
larafan25

^That's true, perhaps it's just her actions though, she seems rather outgoing.
Old 08-03-12, 03:23   #7
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs270694 View Post
With lack of information, we are starving. So at this point in time I've just decided to launch a new thread for the sake to pass time and have something to talk about. I've made a similar thread once before but i feel i went overboard with it.

To the point:

Is new lara an introvert or extrovert? Why?

Is old lara an introvert or extrovert? Why?

I actually find it much easier to debate about old lara because we can use the past games as references towards judging her.

No one has brought up this topic before or i haven't found one yet. I personally think she's an introvert because she doesn't have a wide band of friends in the previous games and is often a 'loner' or at least prefers to be.

I don't know about new Lara but she's probably a 'weaker' introvert with slightly extrovert qualities. She doesn't seem to prefer to be alone as she wants to be a part of the expedition but she also seems to show signs of introspection such as when she's staring at herself in the mirror judging herself internally (An introvert habit in my opinion), plus she'd probably condition herself to be more deeply internalised while she's on the island because that's what you do when your alone for a long period of time. CD do have a habit of altering her personality slightly.

As for a bit of fun, are you introverted or extroverted? I'm introverted

Whatever she is, after survival of the island she should definitely be a disturbed introvert, with her keen senses of awareness intensified. I want this island to really make her and break her. Build her and ruin her. Then it's a matter of opening up through a process and learning to become a more well rounded individual. But first I think she needs to go THERE into post-traumatic Rambo territory to come back from it a more balanced character.

Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:28   #8
jhs270694

Your reply was perfect TBH. I want this to. i wanna see her broken and remade too.

Anyways this is my last reply untill tomorrow, its late at night here and im tired (what was i thinking creating a thread half asleep!? lol)
Old 08-03-12, 03:30   #9
Mikky

Old Lara - introvert.

New Lara - extrovert.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:35   #10
jhs270694

Couldnt resist this one, my last reply before sleep:

i found this off a website as is pretty relevent: " Introverts like to "sleep on it" for clarity of ideas, thoughts, feelings and in making decisions. They do not like to be put on the spot for decision making, invitations or for opinions.". Remember the leaked cutscene where roth told lara to get to the radio tower, she was put on the spot and felt nervous. but this is a bit vague to be honest.