**LARA LOVER**

I'd be cool if they did this for the PS4
**LARA LOVER** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 00:04   #23
Thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** View Post
I'd be cool if they did this for the PS4
They could do the PS2 classics (AoD/Legend/Anniversary/Underworld) with trophy support.
Thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 00:08   #24
Grenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
What if I don't own. 360? :/
Well I did write after "from the website".

You might have to make a new account to buy the DLC from another region.
Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 00:37   #25
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
Can you even get the DLC? Anyway, the DLC is showing on Xbox One here. If you bought it before it will be in the 'Ready to install' area for the game in your games library.
Not for me. They don't even show up in the store, despite the main game being available there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
Well I did write after "from the website".

You might have to make a new account to buy the DLC from another region.
You can change the region of your Xbox profile. I did this once to get games that aren't available in Germany. Though after you've done that you've to wait for three months before you'll be able to change it back. But there's no disadvantage with changing the region, so it doesn't really matter if it's the "wrong one" for a few months. And Microsoft doesn't seem to punish people who have the wrong region. Though the store will still track your IP, so certain games and DLCs still may not be available. For example I could get Doom 1 and 2 and BloodRayne Betrayal (for some reason Doom 1 and 2 weren't available on the German Xbox store at that time despite not being blacklisted anymore) but not Duke Nukem 3D and Wolfenstein 3D.

Last edited by Wooxman; 28-07-17 at 00:39.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 02:18   #26
IncultaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Great , now release the DLCs on PC and PS please
I've been waiting YEARS for this. I remember the dozens of frame drops playing it on Xbox, where it would go down to the low 20's in certain areas.

With Xenia emulator, we may see them running in 1080p 60fps within the next year on PC.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 10:38   #27
fondantcookie

I have to say I'm still shocked the DLC episodes never made it onto PC and PS4; especially given that they (especially one of the) were integral to the main story and provided the full conclusion.

Pretty shocking behaviour given the larger TR demographic on PC and PS; nothing more than a desperate ploy and low blow by MS... A precursor and sign of things to come; followed by the tarnished release of RotTR.

fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 11:24   #28
Wooxman

You do know that the DLCs only exist because Microsoft asked for them, right? If they wouldn't have asked Crystal/Eidos/Square Enix for DLCs, then all we would have would be the base game with the disappointing ending. Yes, it sucks that they're Xbox exclusive and it's kinda surprising that MS didn't allow for them to be at least released for PC, since they did that with a lot of other games, but they had full control over them. This is different from RotTR which already was in development when MS offered money to make it temporarily Xbox exclusive.

And by the way: The first sign that the Crystal TR games get a better treatment on Xbox consoles was the NG version of Tomb Raider Legend. The PC NG mode was garbage compared to that and it took year until it got ported to PS3. And then the Xbox 360 version of Anniversary still to this day has been the graphically best looking version.

I'm in no way defending this, but it was easy to see it coming from miles away that MS would get something Xbox exclusive.

And btw: The true ending of TR III is only playable on PC.

Last edited by Wooxman; 28-07-17 at 11:27.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 13:46   #29
fondantcookie

I don't buy that for a second.

The Lost Artefact (2000) was new material and a new scenario developed after the release of TR3 (1998).

Beneath the Ashes is clearly cut content from the Croft Manor level that was held back to be sold as DLC; releasing 3 months after the November 2008 release of Underworld.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-17, 14:01   #30
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
And by the way: The first sign that the Crystal TR games get a better treatment on Xbox consoles was the NG version of Tomb Raider Legend. The PC NG mode was garbage compared to that and it took year until it got ported to PS3. And then the Xbox 360 version of Anniversary still to this day has been the graphically best looking version..
Really? I would say the Wii version of Anniversary is the best one.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote