Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-04-11, 13:32   #1
Bane

Default So what's gonna happen when they make a sequel to this game?

Will the sequel be like her first real Tomb Raiding adventure? Or will she get stranded somewhere again and have to survive again. I'm not sure if they can make an entire franchise where she gets stranded every game.

So what do you think they will do after the first one?
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 13:39   #2
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

I'm seeing TR9 as the game which sets out the new TR universe (as it were). After that, I'm hoping they'll do like the Core classics, where each game is just a self-contained adventure.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 13:46   #3
NightWish

Thats what I have been worried about from the beginning. It makes sense for Lara to have such an experiance like in TR9 to form her personality and to serve as an origin story. But this is NOT a TR game. ANd what if the majority absolutely loves this game and wants more like it?Is that what the franchise is from now on?
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 13:47   #4
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
I'm seeing TR9 as the game which sets out the new TR universe (as it were). After that, I'm hoping they'll do like the Core classics, where each game is just a self-contained adventure.
I agree, and I really hope they don't do the globe trotting thing again.

Each game should be set in one place so they don't waste like 5 possibly awesome locations in just one game.

Ex: Tomb Raider 2= Tibet
Tomb Raider 3= Egypt
Tomb Raider 4= Africa
etc.

And I really hope they don't change Lara drastically every game, it breaks continuity.

And I hope all the sequels have a bit of the survival-horror element too.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 13:53   #5
Peanut

They would be stupid if they make the games with her being stranded somewhere in each and every game.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 14:14   #6
tomblover

I think they could maintain a gameplay style like this without having her be stranded in every game. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't changed the TR concept a bit, they've just made it more realistic.

Consider that if you were to remove the survival aspect of the new TR, you would have something akin to TR4 (that is, if I'm allowed to exaggerate a little bit).

The only reason for TR seeming to have gone in an entirely new direction, is that there has been put such a focus on the storyline and how it connects to everything else. I mean, put the survival elements in TR4 and I bet you'd have roughly the same game as the new TR. They've just shifted the focus for the better.

The changes made have been for the sake of realism. They haven't subtracted anything from the TR formula AFAIK, just added some things.

Last edited by tomblover; 01-04-11 at 14:17.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 14:14   #7
Tonyrobinson

After this I'd love an Egyptian adventure with Open World aspects like this one.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 14:19   #8
cezy rockeru

What if....
They won't?
cezy rockeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 14:23   #9
Evan C.

I am pretty sure this game is taking the same way than Batman with Arkham Asylum.The next game will be a better version from this one, wich sounds delicious.In terms of plot and stuff, imposible to says something at the moment.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 15:36   #10
Mikky

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I just don't know. I just hope it's not another island. That would be boring. We'll just wait and see.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote