Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 30-08-17, 18:30   #11
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishGam3r View Post
Progress!

I downloaded your Alone in the Dark mod, and tried replacing an FMV from TR4 with one from AitD. Didn't work at first, but, after replacing the binkw32.dll of TR4 with the one from your mod aswell, it worked!

TR4 played the FMVs from AitD, but because they are in 16:9, there was a huge black bar below the video playing. This is important, you'll see soon.
And for reference, this happened in both windowed and fullscreen modes.

Anyway, after those awesome results, I put it my 1080p .bik files and replaced and... it played one frame and crashed. I then tried rendering my remastered FMVs in the original resolution of 640x480 to .mp4, and then convert them to .bik just like I did with the 1080p ones, using the same settings.

And it worked!

So now I'm stuck. Evaluating from the black bar below the 16:9 video, my guess is the size of the FMV player is hardcoded into the engine, causing the game to crash when an FMV has a higher resolution than the FMV player of the game.

The only solution I can think of would be to mod the game, meaning the tomb4.exe, to have a bigger window on the FMV player, but I have no clue where to even start with that. If anyone can help, I'd really apreciate it
If you guys really want it, i can do it quite easily

In fact, i have also done it for TR III, but nobody noticed it
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 15:17   #12
GoldfishGam3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
If you guys really want it, i can do it quite easily

In fact, i have also done it for TR III, but nobody noticed it
Nope, I didn't notice you've done that for tr2 and 3 (unfortunately). Still, I think it would be pretty cool! Talk to me in PM about it, and hopefully we could release a "pack" with the modded .exe and .dll, and the fmvs, in various resolutions!
GoldfishGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 02:23   #13
Peixoto

Quote:
Nope, I didn't notice you've done that for tr2 and 3 (unfortunately). Still, I think it would be pretty cool! Talk to me in PM about it, and hopefully we could release a "pack" with the modded .exe and .dll, and the fmvs, in various resolutions!
No need, just release the FMVs and instruct people to download the patch. After that i will also add the link to download the FMVs on the documentation.

I will add the option the replace the FMVs on TR4 and 5 this weekend, and i am thinking on latter to also add an option for subtitles
Old 07-09-17, 20:30   #14
GoldfishGam3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
No need, just release the FMVs and instruct people to download the patch. After that i will also add the link to download the FMVs on the documentation.

I will add the option the replace the FMVs on TR4 and 5 this weekend, and i am thinking on latter to also add an option for subtitles
Subtitles would be amazing! One of the features I always use when available. Unfortunately I imagine these would work only for the FMVs and not in-game cutscenes. Still a cool feature though.
Old 08-09-17, 04:47   #15
Peixoto

Quote:
Subtitles would be amazing! One of the features I always use when available. Unfortunately I imagine these would work only for the FMVs and not in-game cutscenes. Still a cool feature though.
With a little research it could be possible to replace the cutscenes with FMVs, but i don't think it is worth the work.

For AOD however, i will try it when i have the time, so we can have some PS2 effects missing in the PC cutscenes
Old 11-09-17, 02:40   #16
Peixoto

Quote:
Ok, the update to play HD FMVs on TR4 and 5 is online.

To play them

- name your FMVs the same as the game's original FMVs, but with the mp4 extension instead o bik, and then paste them in the movie folder alongside the original fmvs, which CANNOT be deleted.

- check two options it the game page on the help.exe program:
non-exclusive fullscreen and Force native resolution

NOTE: the actual format of the fmvs doesn't need to be mp4, only the extension: try different formats/sizes you you find problems

Last edited by Peixoto; 13-09-17 at 18:04.
Old 11-09-17, 02:42   #17
Peixoto

double post

Last edited by Peixoto; 11-09-17 at 02:49.
Old 12-09-17, 17:50   #18
GoldfishGam3r

Oh, and here I was converting the FMVs to .bik, this makes it a lot easier
Expect a link to them tomorrow
Old 14-09-17, 16:54   #19
tizerist

Smile

Good work! I look forward to this...
tizerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-17, 19:24   #20
Gian Carlo

Could you also release them in mp4 versions?
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote