www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 02-06-18, 15:55   #81
charmedangelin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
^ Not only that, but even if they entertained the idea, why bother? With a rebooted trilogy already established and a blockbuster hit based on that, from a business standpoint, pandering to the old fans is just not profitable anymore (nor was ever).
I wouldn't go so far as to say old fans are not profitable. Gamers today are the same gamers that were. Classic Tomb Raider was indeed profitable, they made more than enough profit for the franchise to revive under Legend after AOD.

It's just as you pointed out, CD has invested heavily in the reboot and have made substantial profit from it. They've found a formula that works for them and as long as that cash cow continues to print money for them then they will continue investing in it until they milk every last nickle and dime.

Our only chance for a remake is with fans and Squares continued support for fan projects.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 02-06-18 at 17:12.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 16:11   #82
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Although it obviously might not be favorable for most classic fans, they could still end up remaking TR2 in the reboot’s style, given the hint in Blood Ties. I don’t know how much I’d like that, but if it was colorful like TR2 (and the classics in general), I think I could end up really liking it.
Old 02-06-18, 17:37   #83
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Although it obviously might not be favorable for most classic fans, they could still end up remaking TR2 in the reboot’s style, given the hint in Blood Ties. I don’t know how much I’d like that, but if it was colorful like TR2 (and the classics in general), I think I could end up really liking it.
Personally I wouldn't mind if the puzzles were tough to crack and the whole game wasn't about combat and shooting bad guys because I actually like the way Lara moves in the reboot
Old 02-06-18, 20:17   #84
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Personally I wouldn't mind if the puzzles were tough to crack and the whole game wasn't about combat and shooting bad guys because I actually like the way Lara moves in the reboot
Me too. I enjoy the combat in the original TR2, but the puzzles are more Tomb Raider-ry and should have been more of the main focus like in the other classics.
Old 03-06-18, 06:54   #85
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I think this is happening with the Resident Evil 2 remake where it's a third person over the shoulder game and made with the same engine as Resident Evil 7 - completely different from the original. I could easily see this happen with TR2 as well. Opera house in current gen graphics would look great!