Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-06-18, 13:00   #11
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Well... It's not good to miss all the beauty in the game in the best way possible so buy a Ps4 or Ps4 Pro if you can. Unless you have a tube television! I am joking of course but do consider a Ps4
I don't like consoles. The games for them are more expensive, and less detailed compared to PCs, and currently you can build a decent PC without spending that much money
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 13:18   #12
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I don't like consoles. The games for them are more expensive, and less detailed compared to PCs, and currently you can build a decent PC without spending that much money
The prices change from country to country. In Turkey you can even buy a house with the same price of a GTX 1080 TI notebook! It's crazy i know it's not impossible to build one with low prices tho! It depends

But yeah PC is definitely the BEST place to play a game in any way.

Last edited by 2001LC20; 19-06-18 at 13:20.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 13:23   #13
Vaskito

Quote:
The prices change from country to country. In Turkey you can buy a house with the same price of a GTX 1080 TI notebook! It's crazy i know

But yeah PC is definitely the BEST place to play a game in any way.
GTX1080 is way too expensive, and tbh, unecessary for the average player.
You have the 1050 which has great price/quality, or a 1060 like mine.

Here, the console games are usually 25€ more expensive than the PC versions. In no way I'm buying a console. Also, at least on xBox you have to pay a monthly fee so you can play online, something that it's for free on the PC, and so on. Never been a console player, and likely never will, unless TR starts being console exclusive. Fingers crossed it won't
Old 19-06-18, 13:39   #14
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
GTX1080 is way too expensive, and tbh, unecessary for the average player.
You have the 1050 which has great price/quality, or a 1060 like mine.

Here, the console games are usually 25€ more expensive than the PC versions. In no way I'm buying a console. Also, at least on xBox you have to pay a monthly fee so you can play online, something that it's for free on the PC, and so on. Never been a console player, and likely never will, unless TR starts being console exclusive. Fingers crossed it won't
1050 TI is way better than 1050 with a little bit higher price, 1060 is my current GPU too as long as i can play games at the highest or high settings at 1080P i will have it. 1080 or 1080 TI is good for 4K and that's actually what i have thought for a long time do i want 4K? Do i need 4K? For now it's no but if i want it too bad i will consider buying with the lowest prices which is hard for me because Turkey's economy has gone ****! A 5K TL PC is now 12K TL for gods sake!

It's not just console game prices but all the games are expensive here unfortunately, most people either pirate or buy games on sale. I usually buy 3 games at a year and then i buy the other games i want on ssales. But yeah console games are more expensive than PC here too.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:01   #15
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
In Turkey you can even buy a house with the same price of a GTX 1080 TI notebook!
Same here. But It's definitely not worth it. You can assemble a really good desktop PC with that money. SHAME to who buy a super-expensive notebook.

I own an €399 notebook and it runs perfectly Rise with lowest settings and 640x480 resolution
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:09   #16
Aikon

Quote:
I'd guess they'll be similar to Rise's, or lower if the game is properly optimized for PC this time around
Rise optimization looked pretty good to me for how good the game looks on pc.

Anyway, I assume specs are not released yet because they're still working on it. Maybe they're working on a massive upgrade to surprise everyone at least I hope lol.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:19   #17
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikon View Post
Rise optimization looked pretty good to me for how good the game looks on pc.

Anyway, I assume specs are not released yet because they're still working on it. Maybe they're working on a massive upgrade to surprise everyone at least I hope lol.
Well, that's weird because I do get some hiccups playing Rise on my 1060. Slight hiccups, but nothing major. Maybe it's an automatic setting I have on the game options then?
Old 19-06-18, 14:23   #18
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Well... It's not good to miss all the beauty in the game in the best way possible so buy a Ps4 or Ps4 Pro if you can. Unless you have a tube television! I am joking of course but do consider a Ps4
I have a PS4 Pro! But I downloaded the game on my laptop to see if it could handle the game.

It handles it very well, and it could be fun to play when I'm travelling
Old 19-06-18, 14:26   #19
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Well, that's weird because I do get some hiccups playing Rise on my 1060. Slight hiccups, but nothing major. Maybe it's an automatic setting I have on the game options then?
Try to disable V-syinc.

I don't know if I'm the only one here, but it seems that, when V-sync is disabled, it isn't really disabled but the game goes faster.

What do I mean is that you can't notice that V-sync is disabled, because you don't see that vertical lines when you're playing.

Maybe It's just me, or maybe I'm in drugs when playing the game on my laptop, but It's worth a try.
Old 19-06-18, 14:26   #20
Aikon

Quote:
Mhm, don't know honestly.
I have the RX 580 that's similar in power to your card. Or wait, you have the 3GB version or the 6GB one?
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote