Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-05-12, 08:49   #1031
Raider99

@Controfuliburu, shame on you, and if it's not same, but in this case yes, you know how to remodel, you did that with my outfit!

Btw, O_O green? Oh well, btw, nice one!
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 09:22   #1032
Laras Boyfr.

I love the outfit HG
Everything fits so well with each other
But I wanted to remind you again of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
I dont know if anyone has thought about this ( I doubt that) but what do you think of making many variations of Lara's head mesh, according to her speaking or mood.
Concretely that would be really really useable for biigger porjects where cutscenes are used, and where it would look a bit wierd when Lara shakes her head without moving her lips.
Lara in TR4 had also some Actor head meshes which could be swapped during cutscenes.
So, what do you think HG? maybe you could make a pack with many head meshes with different lips,eyebrows and eyes, so builders can use them inside the cutscenes along with your outfits?
It would come in handy not only for me, but for all level builders, as we havent still such thing in TRLE.
I appreciate your work a lot of course, but I also want to stay objectively
Outfits look so pretty and cool when it comes by seeing them in Wadmerger and stuff but once its in the game, it often gets overlooked (although with some cameras and sequences it can win again more importance,like I do in my level)

Why do you put so much effort in your outfits? Of course to make them look good. And where can we see the best of how good they look? In cutscenes,right?
And isnt it a bit paradoxal that we cant see any face expression of Lara in these beautiful outfit? It makes Lara look stiff and creates an artificial outbalance in this aspect.
Sure, most level builders wont mind, but people like Titak,GeckoKid and many more ( I include myself here also) want to go through the boundaries of TRLE.
One of these,are the face expressions of Lara, which can be useable in cutscenes.
TR4 and TR5 had them, and 12 years later we still dont have them for TRLE

So what do you think? Maybe it could be more helping for the community to put your effort in some fresh and innovative,before you go again into outfit modelling

In anyway, I can't wait for your future releases,regardless what it is, Im sure it will be amazing
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 09:50   #1033
Horus-Goddess

It's been in the back of my mind, the thing is where would I store them? And I've never seen anyone else attempt it, either. I'm not sure what expressions should be made. It wouldn't be anything like Legend of course, it would still look rather like... a slideshow I guess?

If I had a base to work from (like the original mesh swap heads for Lara from TR4 or 5) that would probably be easiest to be honest. I'd have a better basis for what I need to do. Another problem might just be the mouth itself, I imagine I'd have to model the inside of the mouth as well. xD Which I've never done, so it would be new to me. But yeah...

If I had something I could use as the base that would help. I'm not sure if there's any working meshswap for her heads right now in TRLE, at least I don't think I've seen one.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 11:16   #1034
MaskedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
It's been in the back of my mind, the thing is where would I store them? And I've never seen anyone else attempt it, either. I'm not sure what expressions should be made. It wouldn't be anything like Legend of course, it would still look rather like... a slideshow I guess?

If I had a base to work from (like the original mesh swap heads for Lara from TR4 or 5) that would probably be easiest to be honest. I'd have a better basis for what I need to do. Another problem might just be the mouth itself, I imagine I'd have to model the inside of the mouth as well. xD Which I've never done, so it would be new to me. But yeah...

If I had something I could use as the base that would help. I'm not sure if there's any working meshswap for her heads right now in TRLE, at least I don't think I've seen one.
I think with TRNG meshwaps can be made to work, but obviously the only meshwaps around are the originals and everyone has moved past the stage of using the original tr4 models in their levels! Therefore, nobody's ever bothered. If you managed to make some meshwap heads though, I'm sure you'd kickstart it.

I think the Ankgor Wat wad has meshwaps in for young lara... maybe the version from the updated wads from TR Chronicles? As far as I can remember, there are 4 available head meshwaps, but it's been a long time so don't count on that being right! I tried doing heads like these once ages ago - you will have to model the inside of the mouth but it isn't too bad, all you need is to bring the edges of the lips together in a sort of cone inside the head... I remember the hardest thing for me was getting the jaw to look as if it opened properly without becoming like a caricature!
MaskedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 11:51   #1035
sapper

I made a TRNG demo awhile back that used an organizer to swap Lara's head back and forth with the scream head as an attempt to make Lara "talk". I used an NG outfit.

I think TRNG let's you use the alternate mesh in any slot.

Also made a TREP demo that used the YoungLara speech heads.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 12:33   #1036
Titak

The most logical slots would be the LARA_SPEECH_HEAD* slots.
There are four of them.
But it is true that with TRNG you can use any moveable slot for a meshswap.
No need to have a full version of the outfits either since you can simply swap one mesh with TRNG. However it is wise to use an object with the same meshtree as Lara's, for those who want to use Meta2TR on their levels.
In my experience the LARA_SPEECH_HEAD* slots give a message in Meta2TR when they don't have the same meshtree.

As for the TR4 and TR5 "talking heads", all they had was different textures for the mouth. No other facial expressions.
So, if you decide to make some I'd say start with just those four different mouths.
Levelbuilders that make their own objects can use those as a base for other facial expressions.
Shouldn't be too hard with Editwad.

I had been thinking of using the LARA_SPEECH_HEAD** slots and other slots for my MoA cutscenes.
But using them would take up space in the wad, space I could then not use for other objects anymore.
(Yes, some of my MoA wads were so stuffed that I did indeed use the LARA_SPEECH_HEAD and ACTOR_SPEECH_HEAD slots for architectural/environmental objects. )
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 12:35   #1037
Laras Boyfr.

Alternatively to the 4 original TR swap head meshes, the meshes can be stored in any other unused slot like ANIMATING_MIP
And as sapper and Masked Raider said, they can be triggered with TRNG stuff.
Believe me, there are little technical limits, it only matters the design aspect of the headmesh which you will need to accompish
Old 19-05-12, 12:38   #1038
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
the meshes can be stored in any other unused slot like ANIMATING_MIP
I wish!
I've been using all those slots for my MoA levels, including all the enemy-MIP slots!

But yeah, they can indeed be used.
Old 19-05-12, 12:47   #1039
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I wish!
I've been using all those slots for my MoA levels, including all the enemy-MIP slots!

But yeah, they can indeed be used.
Have you used also the EXTRA moveable slots?
At least these which arent still used for TRNG (if I remember correctly only the first 20 are used)
Old 19-05-12, 12:50   #1040
Titak

I haven't used EXTRA moveable slots.
Just the default TR4 MIP object slots.
I don't have EXTRA moveable slots listed in my WADMerger btw. Only the new slots that start with NG in the name.

Did use lots of the EXTRA statics slots though...