Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-04-17, 15:52   #11
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I don't think they were cut from TR1. The Gold games were made by a small team in a studio Eidos owned in San Francisco, it's why they have a slightly different feel to the main games, and it was a guy on that team that made the Atlantis levels.

The pelvis meshes at the end is an easy error to make when optimising a level right before release. He must have accidentally removed an enemy he actually used when cleaning up the objects to save space, so ingame it shows up as the first mesh in the level (lara's pelvis). It isn't indicative of a level being reused from elsewhere.
I'm interested why the pelvis appears though.Centaurs, Winged and non-winged mutants are all existent in the level, so it can't be an mutant. But the pelvis appears when the Eggs shatter. maybe the eggs have an argument (similar to OCBs in TRLE) to spawn a specific enemy but is by default a mutant and when entering an invalid/non existent EnemyID it spawns a pelvis?

btw. I actually like the idea of "The Hive". Simply because it uses shattering eggs to symbolize Lara destroying the breeding process. "Too late for abortions now"... well but they get aborted

Last edited by TR-Freak; 05-04-17 at 15:54.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 15:54   #12
TR-Freak
Unverified

Whoopsie daisie, double Post!
Old 15-04-17, 21:47   #13
Dug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
I'm interested why the pelvis appears though.Centaurs, Winged and non-winged mutants are all existent in the level, so it can't be an mutant. But the pelvis appears when the Eggs shatter. maybe the eggs have an argument (similar to OCBs in TRLE) to spawn a specific enemy but is by default a mutant and when entering an invalid/non existent EnemyID it spawns a pelvis?

btw. I actually like the idea of "The Hive". Simply because it uses shattering eggs to symbolize Lara destroying the breeding process. "Too late for abortions now"... well but they get aborted
I heard they had used too many enemies in the level. More than the engine could handle. And therefore the last few enemies couldn't be properly initialised, resulting in the bum mesh. Why the bum mesh? Who knows Bugs are bugs!
Dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-17, 00:59   #14
benjamin_2010

You know, I never really put 2 and 2 together to realize it was odd that Lara had the Scion in TR3.. Yep, I'm smart.
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-17, 16:18   #15
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug View Post
I heard they had used too many enemies in the level. More than the engine could handle. And therefore the last few enemies couldn't be properly initialised, resulting in the bum mesh. Why the bum mesh? Who knows Bugs are bugs!
I think that years ago I read that Lara's bum is a placeholder or something like that. When you put all weapons in a classic level that doesn't support all weapons (via cheats or savegame editors), Lara's bum will also appear in the inventory screen.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 08:37   #16
TR-Freak
Unverified

^That's right, "but too many enemies" doesn't exist in TR. After a certain amount, moveables won't be rendered anymore, but still processed.

As I mentioned,the enemies are located in the Level, which is why it makes no sense that Lara's pelvis appears.
Old 19-04-17, 11:19   #17
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
I think that years ago I read that Lara's bum is a placeholder or something like that. When you put all weapons in a classic level that doesn't support all weapons (via cheats or savegame editors), Lara's bum will also appear in the inventory screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
^That's right, "but too many enemies" doesn't exist in TR. After a certain amount, moveables won't be rendered anymore, but still processed.

As I mentioned,the enemies are located in the Level, which is why it makes no sense that Lara's pelvis appears.
Lara's pelvis is the default mesh that appears if the game can't find the object that is supposed to be used. For example, in the level editor, if you remove the bullet case object from the level object set (WAD), Lara's butt will start popping out of the guns like Skittles when firing.

It makes perfect sense the butt is there, because they removed the enemy from the object set (WAD) without removing it from the level (project map) and then compiled it anyway. That's the result. It must have been some additional enemy, different to the ones which are still in the level. Maybe it was crashing the level due to memory limits, maybe it was bugged and didn't work properly.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 08:02   #18
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Lara's pelvis is the default mesh that appears if the game can't find the object that is supposed to be used. For example, in the level editor, if you remove the bullet case object from the level object set (WAD), Lara's butt will start popping out of the guns like Skittles when firing.

It makes perfect sense the butt is there, because they removed the enemy from the object set (WAD) without removing it from the level (project map) and then compiled it anyway. That's the result. It must have been some additional enemy, different to the ones which are still in the level. Maybe it was crashing the level due to memory limits, maybe it was bugged and didn't work properly.
As I said, the pelvis does NOT make sense.
Every enemy is present in the game. (normal mutants, flying mutants and centaurs) See my explanation which in my eyes makes more sense
Old 07-05-17, 08:37   #19
Boobandie

It could have been the dino that was planned for TR1. The final room is an appropriate place for a tougher enemy. But it still must not have worked and was removed, forgetting to remove it from the map.

Also the egg shatters don't spawn a mutant. They activate the mutant already placed on the square. There aren't any objective enemy Id's in the TRLE to call on else you would have to change everything when you added or removed one from the wad, just ones already placed in the map.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 01:07   #20
Alex Shepherd

I see many people had changed the subject completely.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote