Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-09-17, 17:45   #131
MelikeLara

It's all happening!!!! The movie is obviously first, so by December I think we'll get an announcement....
Due to the fact the Comics start the end of November (first issue now available to pre order! On foribidden planet)
And it's just been stated in an interview it's two arcs of 4, that takes us up to roughly July/August....
So November release for SOTTR 3 years after ROTTR???
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 19:35   #132
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Nevermind. They released a teaser trailer.
Why the **** those traps were not in the game?

https://youtu.be/GWbhvBL3Id0

I am an idiot. I quoted myself instead of editing.
LOL I think that the traps are the only good thing about the trailer. The rest doesn't look like TR at all! More like "Forest Runner".
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 20:46   #133
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
They just updated all their social media accounts with TR movie pictures and logos.
So what ? are their social media pictures kind of "locked" from any thing that's not movie-related from now till the movie drops ? Nah , like Mikky said , their social media would most likely go all SOTTR crazy once that is announced .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 21:22   #134
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
LOL I think that the traps are the only good thing about the trailer. The rest doesn't look like TR at all! More like "Forest Runner".
Looked like a 'what were the most noticable moments of the reboot - guns, falling and screaming' trailer
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 21:26   #135
Lara_Fan1

This sounds stupid but the way she pulls the arrow back in the trailer is really bugging me. It looks like one of them toy bows where you can't pull it back fully in case it breaks.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 22:13   #136
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Looked like a 'what were the most noticable moments of the reboot - guns, falling and screaming' trailer
Yeah, but most of the stuff happening in forest locations since the movie guys weren't good enough to get far enough into the game to see that there's more locations than just forests.

I think that if SotTR gets officially announced this year, it won't come out until late 2018. I wouldn't have thought about that since it would've made sense to push the game out for the movie release.

Last edited by Wooxman; 18-09-17 at 22:14.
Old 19-09-17, 00:52   #137
AntRaidsTombs

We can deduce so much about a movie from a 15 second trailer can't we
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-17, 04:58   #138
tombstone

I hope the movie trailer isn't what meagan was talking about when she said news were coming later this year.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-17, 05:19   #139
MuhaBagci

I still think we won't get the new game until the TR movie is not a thing anymore. I doubt they'll promote to big entertainment products at once. Cause after all the game won't be some low budget licensed videogame for the movie. It's the other way around. Maybe they'll release a 2-Pack of TR & ROTTR idk. I feel like SOTTR is coming out in very late 2018. Maybe together with the TR movie DVD idk.
MuhaBagci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-17, 11:44   #140
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhaBagci View Post
I still think we won't get the new game until the TR movie is not a thing anymore. I doubt they'll promote to big entertainment products at once. Cause after all the game won't be some low budget licensed videogame for the movie. It's the other way around. Maybe they'll release a 2-Pack of TR & ROTTR idk. I feel like SOTTR is coming out in very late 2018. Maybe together with the TR movie DVD idk.
AoD and Cradle of Life have been promoted and released around the same time, same with the Prince of Persia movie and the game Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands and with the Warcraft movie and the WoW add-on World of Warcraft: Legion. Promoting and releasing a movie based on a video game and a new video game of the franchise is a very common practice and IMO it's weird that SotTR probably won't be released around the same time as the new TR movie.