Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-12-17, 08:31   #1
annl

Default Eidos Montréal focussing on Online Play

I’m worried for the future of the TR series now. I’ll let this Game Informer explain.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a....aspx#comments
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 08:37   #2
ANoDE
Golden

I thought Crystal Dynamics was working on Avengers and Eidos Montreal on SOTR? I'm kinda confused now.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 09:55   #3
Emix

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/eidos-...e-experiences/

This sounds REALLY bad. No one asked for this!
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 10:07   #4
Skye1288

My message in another topic

Do you think it has anything to do with SoTTR??
They were talking new approaches in the last announcement. They were talking about the promotion of the game or... maybe the focus on online play?
I think they could do something great like: tombs created with procedural generation where raiders could working together or against each others to find the treasures.
That might also be why they want to announce the game later to put that in it.
BUT please if they do so , they have to put solo adventure first and that next to it
Skye1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 10:13   #5
Zebra

Pretty sure that this isn't about Tomb Raider. It's a shame either way, though.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 10:14   #6
Skye1288

At least I don't think we have to worry about microtransactions since SE just said it is better on smartphone than console

Last edited by Rai; 16-12-17 at 10:25. Reason: Link removed
Old 16-12-17, 10:24   #7
Blackmoor

The game still needs a decent single player mode to sell.

I mean if they purely focus on multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it as I have no interest in multiplayer games.

So does this mean that Crystal are doing the single player, EM the multiplayer??
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 10:35   #8
annl

I worry because Square said they were taking a new approach this time.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 10:52   #9
Matie

We'll see what they come up with for the next game and if it has MP at all, but if it does:
IF they do it well, online play could increase the lifetime of the game significantly without causing any harm. There are still lots of people who buy TR2013 for its multiplayer (as bad as it is in its current buggy state, they really do) and lots of people, including me have more than a thousand hours of playtime on the game thanks to multiplayer. Let the game have a decent single player mode, untouched by the multiplayer, and don't force everyone to play multiplayer mode at the same time through nearly unobtainable achievements, etc.

I'm not that intrigued by the single player experience in the recent games, I play it twice and I just don't feel like playing it any more. If replayability can't be improved, throw in a GOOD multiplayer mode that's much more Tomb Raiderish, but please don't let it die, keep cheaters off the leaderboards (+ban them from the game) and don't let it drown in bugs and glitches that give unfair advantage. Make it balanced, more stable (don't base matchmaking on people's connection), varied and fun. Don't put in 5 base maps and sell 8 additional maps as DLC on which barely anyone can play on because DLC maps activated means you're separated from those who don't have them. [/rant] Then would it be amazing.

Last edited by Matie; 16-12-17 at 10:54.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-17, 11:06   #10
Skye1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
The game still needs a decent single player mode to sell.

I mean if they purely focus on multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it as I have no interest in multiplayer games.

So does this mean that Crystal are doing the single player, EM the multiplayer??
Of course, the focus should be on the solo mode!!
but if they do a mp shuch as the one I said, I think it could be really good. But the best way to do would be IMO to launch it 2/4 moths after the release of the game so we would have: THE game with its solo mode and then after a few moths a mp.
It might even be a mp that somehow extend the story (or the TR 13 universe).

That would make sense! Since we never really new which of CD or EM was doing the game, maybe they each do a part of it..

Anyways, personally I am excited by this because I trust them to do a wonderful solo (and conclude this trilogy's story in a grand way) and I am sure that if they do a mp it would be a good one