Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-08-18, 21:39   #1
Pyro99

Default Lara and Ana

So, I just started my 100% replay of Rise before Shadow comes out (I already completed TR9 again about 2 months ago), and I'm still at the very intro, realising how it's really the kind of game that grows on me. With TR9 I was instantly and forever obsessed, whereas with Shadow my first playthrough was like meh, my second really appreciated it as a game, and now I'm seeing a lot of details I genuinely love.
What I now noticed as something very positive is how despite the reboot's tendency to have "wooden" dialogues that can sound very cliche, Lara and Ana's conversation in Lara's apartment sounds very real. Their very specific relationship of almost stepmum/almost stepdaughter who aren't actually close but also aren't actually hostile is portrayed rather well, their manner towards each other and the tone of the conversation is right, as well as the things said. I'm also realising how detailed and beautiful the facial animations are in some cutscenes of Rise, Lara's small squints or lip movements are so detailed and realistic and really bring life to her face.
Despite preferring TR9 to Rise, I do think Rise took a step in the right direction, even if small, with the dialogues and character interactions, so I really hope Shadow goes the extra mile.
TINY EDIT: Since I'm being positive, let me just add that Camilla's delivery of "You bastard--" towards the Syrian driver is just genius lmao, such a rare moment of truly natural acting from her, and some humour for Reboot Lara

Last edited by Pyro99; 16-08-18 at 21:42.
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-18, 22:59   #2
2001LC20
Inactive

I always suspected Ana but "well.. That's just lazy writing" as Deadpool would say! I prefer Rise to TR2013 almost in every way btw.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-18, 11:50   #3
Pyro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
I always suspected Ana but "well.. That's just lazy writing" as Deadpool would say! I prefer Rise to TR2013 almost in every way btw.
Maybe I'm just naive but I was genuinely surprised on my first playthrough of Rise! I think in a more plot-heavy game I would have suspected her, but for TR it felt pretty plot-twisty
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote