Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 01-09-18, 19:03   #21
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I don’t think he was. He tried to bring Amelia back once, but spent the rest of his life obsessed with immortality, I think as a way to prevent anyone else feeling the same kind of grief. Lara says something similar in her case for the Divine Source: “sickness, suffering, death - gone!”
I must admit I've only played Blood Ties once and so I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick, but then why was he keeping her body hidden beneath the Manor? I thought it was so that when he found the right "solution" he could bring her back alive.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 19:29   #22
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I must admit I've only played Blood Ties once and so I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick, but then why was he keeping her body hidden beneath the Manor? I thought it was so that when he found the right "solution" he could bring her back alive.
I have no idea, but I didn’t get that impression personally. I think he was just extremely possessive of Amelia (not in an abusive way), to the degree he sealed off an entire wing of the house filled with her belongings, keeping them untouched and locked away where he wouldn’t have to interact with them, doing the same with her remains.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 11:15   #23
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Same here, plus Roth goes on how Lara can survive because "She's a croft" for stuff that is never explained...
It is explained. Both in the comics (wich is available for free) and in the game, also in the Blood Ties DLC too. (The latter is the most detailed...)

In case you missed it:
Roth, Grim and Richard were adventuring together. Richard was an academic type, yet if it was needed he could be strong like Grim or Roth. ('Old dicky Croft' as Grim said)
Adding Amelia in the mix, who took part in some adventuring (also she was talented ), Roth had the means to say: "You can do this Lara. You're a Croft."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
He went to the Himalayas with Roth to recover her body. That ritual he performed, could demand specific surroundings. (The bedroom, hence why he sealed it off after failing) Since Amelia stayed dead, he put her in the family crypt, along with the letter for Lara. As why he didn't said anything for her family, is simple: he couldn't let her go. (He loved Ana but still didn't moved on, grief turned into obsession, what got him in the end.) Facing Amelia's brother was out of question, since they hated each other. Plus he may have hoped, that somehow she could come back to the living.

Last edited by Zsott; 02-09-18 at 11:24.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote