Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 28-08-11, 18:30   #2421
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
Is there any special reason, why this thread is in the german section of these forums?
Ja es gibt einen Grund warum dieser Thread im deutschen Teil ist

Yes, there is a special reason.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 06:07.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-11, 06:04   #2422
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNALaraFanatic View Post
Generic_Item ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?88mp8bxses92mbg

MeshAsciiToBin
GeMeshAsciiToBinv2
If you use the latest GeMeshAsciiToBinV2 from here http://*************************/t138-xnalara-981
or the latest GeMeshAsciiToBin from here http://*************************/t18-ge...ture-utility-s
then you recognize, this converter correct automaticly the "number of bones" from 67 to 60 and convert your file

Benutzt immer die neusten Konverter
Wenn ihr den Konverter für das neue Generic-Format GeMeshAsciiToBinV2 , erhältlich hier: http://*************************/t138-xnalara-981
oder den Konverter für das alte Format GeMeshAsciiToBin von hier http://*************************/t18-ge...ture-utility-s benutzt, dann werdet ihr feststellen können, daß diese Versionen fehlerhafte .mesh.ascii Dateien automatisch verbessern

In diesem Falle wird die fehlerhafte Angabe "67 # bones" automatisch durch den richtigen Wert "60 # bones" ersetzt und die Datei problemlos gewandelt.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cg2kn8

Generic_Item.mesh http://www.sendspace.com/file/cg2kn8

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 06:20.
Old 29-08-11, 06:36   #2423
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDaz View Post
So do I use this tutorial?
Right, you can use this tutorial, for example.
Or this:
or this: or
or ... "Google is your friend" STFW or RTFM

Quote:
Plus why is the shading of the eyes and mouth and face textures different? How do I fix it? Look:
[IMG]http://i56.************/a281mr_tn.png[/IMG]
Help?
Quote:
Please someone answer!
Not enough information for making a answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Steven Raymond
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Be precise and informative about your problem
  • Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.
  • Describe the environment in which it occurs (render group, download link to your model, textures, tools used, whatever). Provide your vendor's distribution and release level "XNALAra 9.7.8", "XPS 10.3" etc.).
  • Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.
  • Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself before you asked the question.
  • Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration.
  • If at all possible, provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.

Do the best you can to anticipate the questions a hacker will ask, and answer them in advance in your request for help.

Giving hackers the ability to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment is especially important if you are reporting something you think is a bug in code. When you do this, your odds of getting a useful answer and the speed with which you are likely to get that answer both improve tremendously.
------- german language -----------
Es gibt viele gute Tutorials über "Weight painting" bzw. "Skinning". Welches ihr benutzt ist nur eine Frage des Geschmaks
Zum Beispiel:
oder
Einfach mal "Google" benutzen (STFW) oder das Handbuch von Blender lesen (RTFM) - Auch Online verfühgbar. Besser kann ich es ach nicht machen

Um die Frage "Warum ist die Schattierung im Gesicht unterschiedlich?" beantworten zu können benötige ich mehr Informationen.
Wenn ihr wirklich hilfreiche Antworten wollt, dann stellt bitte geschickte Fragen. Oder um es mit den Worten von Raymond zu sagen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Steven Raymond
Wie man Fragen richtig stellt
Sei genau und informativ bei der Beschreibung deines Problems ¶
  • Beschreibe die Symptome deines Fehlers oder Problems sorgfältig und klar.
  • Beschreibe die Umgebung, in der es auftaucht (Render-Gruppen-Nummer, Link zu eurem MOD (auch mit PM) , verwendete Konverter, benutzte Texturen oder was auch immer). Nenne auch die verwendete Distribution mit Versionsnummer (z.B. "XNALAra 9.7.8", "XPS 10.3", etc.).
  • Beschreibe, welche Versuche du unternommen hast, um das Problem zu verstehen, bevor du gefragt hast.
  • Beschreibe, welche Versuche du unternommen hast, um das Problem zu lösen, bevor du gefragt hast.
  • Beschreibe die letzten Änderungen an deinem Computer oder deinen Softwareeinstellungen, die dir relevant erscheinen.
  • Wenn möglich, gib eine Beschreibung wie man den Fehler in einem kontrollierten Umfeld reproduzieren kann.

Versuche, den Fragen eines Hackers zuvor zu kommen und beantworte sie schon in deiner Mail, zusammen mit der Bitte um Hilfe.

Die Angabe einer Beschreibung wie man einen Fehler in einem kontrollierten Umfeld reproduzieren kann ist besonders wichtig wenn du einen Fehler meldest von dem du denkst dass er ein Bug in einem Programm ist. Wenn du das machst dann erhöhst du die Wahrscheinlichkeit dass du eine hilfreiche Antwort bekommst und die Geschwindigkeit mit der du die Antwort bekommst gleichermaßen.

Simon Tatham hat ein ausgezeichnetes Essay mit dem Titel How to Report Bugs Effectively (in englischer Sprache, Anm. d. Übers.) geschrieben. (Eine deutsche Übersetzung gibt es auf http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...m/bugs-de.html, Anm.d.Ü.) Ich empfehle dir wärmstens, es zu lesen.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 07:03.
Old 29-08-11, 06:54   #2424
TRDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Right, you can use this tutorial, for example.
Or this:
or this:
or ... "Google is your friend" STFW or RTFM

Not enough information for making a answer

------- german language -----------
Es gibt viele gute Tutorials über "Weight painting" bzw. "Skinning". Welches ihr benutzt ist nur eine Frage des Geschmaks

Um die Frage "Warum ist die Schattierung im Gesicht unterschiedlich?" beantworten zu können benötige ich mehr Informationen.
Wenn ihr wirklich hilfreiche Antworten wollt, dann stellt bitte geschickte Fragen. Oder um es mit den Worten von Raymond zu sagen:

Ok will use that tutorial and about the model with the strange textures, the eyes and mouth is a seperated texture to the face texture. rexil suggested removing bump maps but didnt work, do you have any idea how to fix it?
TRDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-11, 07:02   #2425
XNAaraL

Quote:
About the model with the strange textures, the eyes and mouth is a seperated texture to the face texture. rexil suggested removing bump maps but didnt work, do you have any idea how to fix it?
As already said:
  1. Which render group numbers do you use?
  2. Which render parameter ?
  3. What textures?
  4. Which tools? AutoTexture.exe ?

A link to your MOD (with Private Message) is helpful.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 07:39.
Old 29-08-11, 07:09   #2426
TRDaz

Quote:
As already said:
  1. Which render grpupen numbers do you use?
  2. Which render parameter ?
  3. What textures?
  4. Which tools? AutoTexture.exe ?

A link to your MOD (with Private Message) is helpful.
1. 5 since I only have diffuse texture
2. Dont know what that means (Im a noob )
3. Textures included with the model I got
4. No tools just added the textures my self.

Will send the model later, I cant now.
Old 29-08-11, 07:47   #2427
XNAaraL

Quote:
About the model with the strange textures, the eyes and mouth is a seperated texture to the face texture. rexil suggested removing bump maps but didnt work, do you have any idea how to fix it?
Quote:
1. 5 since I only have diffuse texture
2. Dont know what that means (Im a noob )
3. Textures included with the model I got
4. No tools just added the textures my self.
1. rexil is wrong, because you has used render group 5, which not support bump maps.
2. Render parameter are the values Specular higlight | Bump1 repeater | bump2 repeater from this table. Example: 1_part1_0.1_16_12 but render group 5 is without shading and mini maps. Also the parameters has no effect.
3. Has both face parts the same texture? Why 2 parts? If both mesh parts used the same texture, then you can join the parts with Blender (Ctrl+J) and remove the double vertices.
Quote:
Will send the model later, I cant now.
Ok. I take a look.

EDIT:

The shading is also different inside Blender

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 08:00.
Old 29-08-11, 08:14   #2428
TRDaz

Quote:
1. rexil is wrong, because you has used render group 5, which not support bump maps.
2. Render parameter are the values Specular higlight | Bump1 repeater | bump2 repeater from this table. Example: 1_part1_0.1_16_12 but render group 5 is without shading and mini maps. Also the parameters has no effect.
3. Has both face parts the same texture? Why 2 parts? If both mesh parts used the same texture, then you can join the parts with Blender (Ctrl+J) and remove the double vertices.

Ok. I take a look.

EDIT:
[IMG]http://www.Bildermonster24.de/images/465_shading.jpg
The shading is also different inside Blender
I know the shading is different in Blender, so how do I fix it?

1. Actually I had bump maps added with render group 4 before then I deleted the bumps and added render group 5
2. I didnt do anything to the render parameters I just let it have default, I only applied the texture name in notepad, nothing else other than mesh names and adding render groups
3. the textures are different (seperated textures) and I cant join them since the eyes and mouth arent on the original face diffuse.

Last edited by TRDaz; 29-08-11 at 08:26.
Old 29-08-11, 08:23   #2429
XNAaraL

This always happens, if you load a model inside blender and switch to the Edit-mode or use the smooth button. Blender recalculate the normals and this is wrong on the seams from different mesh parts
Without my XPS extension to solve this problem (Look my "Triss playboy" on DA ) there is no way to prevent this.

I send you the fixed mesh in 8 or 9 hours return.

BTW: Please dont quote large images.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-08-11 at 08:25.
Old 29-08-11, 08:25   #2430
TRDaz

Quote:
This always happens, if you load a model inside blender and switch to the Edit-mode or use the smooth button. Blender recalculate the normals and this is wrong on the seams from different mesh parts
Without my XPS extension to solve this problem (Look my "Triss playboy" on DA ) there is no way to prevent this.

I send you the fixed mesh in 8 or 9 hours back.
Will it be for XPS? I wanted it for Dusans XNALara so that other people can use the model, do I just use GeMeshAsciiToBin to convert it for Dusans XNALara? And cant wait Thanks