Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 06-02-16, 21:12   #1
Nigel Cassidy

Default Sequel to ToO: in what location would you want it to be?

As you know I'd rather have them make an LC game in third person, but if the next Lara Croft game is gonna be an isometric twin stick shooter again, in what location should it be?

I'd say Greece: Greek mythology provides so many possibilities for monsters and heroes.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 22:05   #2
scremanie

Omg yes. Somewhere in Greece. Olympia? That place was amazing! The temple of Zeus would be an amazing place to explore! And the grounds are rather big. I almost got lost. :\
scremanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 23:47   #3
tomblover

Greece sounds the most sensible, being that they've covered both Mayan and Egyptian grounds now. If the LC series is going to be comprised of hotspots for mythology, that is.

I really don't know how they'll up the ante as far as gameplay goes, though.
They can't exactly make it an eight-player (or even six-player ) experience -- but at the same time, that whole "multiplayer twin stick shooter" shtick seems to be the LC thing now. Leaves me wondering...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 23:55   #4
Boobandie

Greece is good, but I'd like a globe trotter this time ala TR3. They upped the gameplay from two people to four, now they should up the locations.

Crystal could devise a relatively simple story to string together a few locations, personally I'd like to see Venice included. It's a real tragedy that the only experience we have scooting around the canals is in TR2.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 01:12   #5
Phlip
Inactive

Greece was my first thought when I saw the thread title.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 01:28   #6
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I really don't know how they'll up the ante as far as gameplay goes, though.
They can't exactly make it an eight-player (or even six-player ) experience -- but at the same time, that whole "multiplayer twin stick shooter" shtick seems to be the LC thing now. Leaves me wondering...
I think there shouldn't be more than four players, otherwise it becomes too crowded and too frantic. But I think they would need to find another unique gameplay mechanic; in Guardian there was the throwing of spears and balancing on them to create paths: in Temple there was the staff to manipulate things; in the third isometric game there would have to be something like that.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 01:43   #7
SunDormant

Am I the only one who thought of a huge, dense jungle in India or somewhere in Africa?
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 03:03   #8
larafan25

Greece I guess

edit: But I want an underwater-oriented thingy. But like. you know what I mean.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 05:37   #9
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I think there shouldn't be more than four players, otherwise it becomes too crowded and too frantic. But I think they would need to find another unique gameplay mechanic; in Guardian there was the throwing of spears and balancing on them to create paths: in Temple there was the staff to manipulate things; in the third isometric game there would have to be something like that.
That's true...

Maybe emphasis on a new melee mechanic -- or if the whole "finding artifacts" thing gets expanded upon, finding the pantheon's (assuming we're going with Greece) equipment?
Finding **** like Icarus' wings for a double jump, Poseidon's spear to flood and/or ebb pools of water. Hermes' winged sandals for a speed boost, Artemis' bow. Artifacts related to Apollo, Aphrodite or Dionysus for party-wide buffs.

God, now I'm getting ideas!

Last edited by tomblover; 07-02-16 at 05:39.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 05:49   #10
michaeldt

Lara's never been to aus in a game before
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote