www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 18-06-17, 19:16   #11
Mac Daddy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I've just realised: it was the OpenIV guys that were doing the Liberty City in GTA V mod. Take Two have killed that off as well, and mere days before it was due to be released as well. Coincidience? I think not.
You're probably right. One way to be able to give single player DLC, would to be add Liberty City or another city from the old PS2 or PS1 games as Single player DLC as well as Multiplayer DLC as well. It would be a way for them to to prolong the online portion of their game, but knowing Take 2, it would only be for the online portion of the game.

I already decided not to buy another GTA game after GTA 5 was released for the PS3. It was around a couple of months going to play it after I bought it at launch, when I notice that the feel of the game was like the PS2 games, but with better graphics and one method of controlling your verticals (land, air or sea) always being messed up compared to the previous game.

Like in GTA IV, the aircraft and boat mechanics were perfect, but the car mechanics were crap. In GTA V, the car and boat mechanics were perfect, but the aircraft mechanics were crap. I am expecting the car and aircraft mechanics to be perfect in GTA VI, but the boat mechanics to be crap.

GTA has become stale (from a mechanic stand point) to me and I am no longer going to buy future GTA games because of that reason.
Old 18-06-17, 20:50   #12
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

GTA V was actually my first GTA and I would have considered GTA VI up until this happened. I'd also considered buying some of those PS2 classics (and indeed bought San Andreas) but now I'm not going to.
Old 18-06-17, 20:58   #13
Mac Daddy
Student

I may have bought the PC version of GTA V, if their were good mods. I have no reason to buy it as I have the PS3 version and don't care for the FPS view point and any "extras" they may have added. It's the same with the Elder Scrolls games. I would only think about buying them for the mods, as I am not bothered about the base game at all.
Old 18-06-17, 21:25   #14
TR FAN 18
Professor

T2 have really shot themselves in the foot. Just look at the reviews on Steam.
GTA5 now has overwhelmingly negative reviews in the last 30 days. Just 14% are positive!
Old 18-06-17, 21:42   #15
Mac Daddy
Student

Take 2 will just brush it off as a protest against them closing down Open IV for "just and legal reasons" to stop online cheating, which I understand Open IV didn't mod the online portion of GTA V.

They've just got to hope that it doesn't have an affect Red Dead Redemption 2 as I can see people giving it review bombing it with negative reviews because of this, even if it is not coming to the PC.

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 18-06-17 at 22:05.
Mac Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 16:48   #16
Mad Tony
Legend

Anyone know if this is why Scripthook is taking so long to update? I don't mod but I do use scripts in single player. I know scripts are different to mods but the lack of a scripthook update after the most recent game update is concerning me.
Old 19-06-17, 17:18   #17
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Can't they just keep making this behind the scenes? It's not like they were on company payroll? Or is it about online multiplayer or/and online authentication - did Take 2 ban the mod under a penalty of voiding people's licences, or something? Because if not then I don't get why would they need the company's "permission" to continue? It's not like people only use legal or "allowed" software these days...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 17:25   #18
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Can't they just keep making this behind the scenes? It's not like they were on company payroll? Or is it about online multiplayer or/and online authentication - did Take 2 ban the mod under a penalty of voiding people's licences, or something? Because if not then I don't get why would they need the company's "permission" to continue? It's not like people only use legal or "allowed" software these days...
They were threatened with a Cease & Desist. As in, if you don't stop, we're suing you.
Old 19-06-17, 17:55   #19
Zsott
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
... Open IV didn't mod the online portion of GTA V.
Actually, on some levels it did. There are some mods, wich can import online content to single player. Such as apartments, cars, some online heists etc.
The problem in it, you can use it,only if you are offline, otherwise, you can get banned from the online section...

Anyway, up to this day, Rockstar still making DLC-s , the last one is "bunkers".
There are a lots of unnecessary things on online, while to single player there's nothing. I was hoping for some expansion for Trevor (since he's really a GTA charater, the others are little grey mouses...) or some additional heists. (there are only three in the game, but you can unlock people to use as a crew...when there's no heist to do...)

I really hope, some kind of modding option will come up for Tomb Raider though...since th LAU era, there's not much content, except trainers.
Old 19-06-17, 19:18   #20
Mac Daddy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
I really hope, some kind of modding option will come up for Tomb Raider though...since th LAU era, there's not much content, except trainers.
I think that would require someone to backwards engineer the game/games file formats, for any modding other than changing textures to take place.

If anyone backwards engineered one of the LAU games, I would hope they did it with both Legend and Anniversary, as you would then be able to mod human enemies into Anniversary (and more animal enemies into Legend) and the Next Gen graphics option as well. You could possibly be able to recreate other classic Tomb Raider games if someone was able to backwards engineer both Legend and Anniversary, or the LAU trilogy.

But that is just a pipe dream.

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 19-06-17 at 19:20.
Mac Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote