www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 19-06-17, 03:06   #11
Boobandie
Professor

Okay the loading screen was never on the discussion (though try dying at the start, and while on the bike, I can confirm they have different reloading level screens), but the main menu arms crossed Lara background.

You didn't mention if the main menu changes depending on where you are in the level (first area, train section, base after crash, near the end of the level) did you check that?
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 20:50   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You didn't mention if the main menu changes depending on where you are in the level (first area, train section, base after crash, near the end of the level) did you check that?
I have now played further into the level and the loading screen does change as you say in the bike part of the level, if you die and reload. (It did it to quick to take a photo, but shows a picture of Lara on a bike).

Ok, so I have came out of the game for 10 minutes, and started again and I get the same main menu arms crossed Lara background as my picture in my last comment, No change, then load game and back onto the bike chase.

Please note that this is for the PC version, and cannot talk about console versions, if they are different or not.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 19-06-17 at 21:03.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 23:20   #13
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

ps2 and 3 work the same as pc.
Old 20-06-17, 00:58   #14
OzzyOreo
Hobbyist

No no no guys BELIEVE me I have played this game over 1,000 times. The main menu (arms crossed) does NOT change depending on where you are in the level, only when you are on a different level. What I am saying is the arms cross main menu was at the train wreck on the original XBOX. I have this game for ps3/2, PC, 360 and the main menu is still at the base despite where you are in the level. I am aware the LOADING SCREENS change tho. Hope I cleared the confusion.
OzzyOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-17, 13:50   #15
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Take a photo of it, it would be interesting to see!
Edit: I see you don't have it anymore. oh well.
Old 20-06-17, 18:06   #16
Grenade
Professor

I wonder if anyone still has it.
Old 20-06-17, 21:38   #17
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I know in earlier TR games there were variations on the game itself depending on where in the World it was sold (language differences, etc), and also whether the game was for PC or one of the console games.

For example a number of years ago we did a thread on TRF's, noting quite a few minor differences in TR4 levels. Some explainable, like a flaw in the Jeep level in KV5, where the jeep could drive over some rocks and make a notable shortcut, and this was fixed in later issues of the game to prevent that happening. Others not so easy to explain, like minor shape changes in crawlways.

So all TR games do not have to be the exact same, hence getting back to this thread, I would say it is well possible for the XBOX to be slightly different to that of the other game variants, as likely compiled by different designers at the time. But would be interesting in seeing a picture, proving it.
Old Yesterday, 23:36   #18
Laralicious
Explorer

I do have the original Xbox and the game and I have just played from Peru to the middle of Kazakhstan level.

As soon as the Kazakhstan level started, I saved and quit the level but the start screen was the same as all the other versions.

I then played up to the quick time event train section and completed it, saved and then quit back to the start screen but the background image was still the same.

Could it have been a beta version? Other than that, I have no other explanation. You remember something and I'd also like to know what that image was.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51   #19
OzzyOreo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laralicious View Post
I do have the original Xbox and the game and I have just played from Peru to the middle of Kazakhstan level.

As soon as the Kazakhstan level started, I saved and quit the level but the start screen was the same as all the other versions.

I then played up to the quick time event train section and completed it, saved and then quit back to the start screen but the background image was still the same.

Could it have been a beta version? Other than that, I have no other explanation. You remember something and I'd also like to know what that image was.
Oh right I see! What I remember was the left half of the background was the opening where Lara came from in the train tunnel of fire, while the right was the rope swinging area
OzzyOreo is offline   Reply With Quote