www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 19-06-17, 14:21   #131
RAYCROFT
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I just hope Lara doesn't get beaten the pulp outa her and having to craft a bow because that formula is getting stale. About the locations, I might be curious.
This! I'm tired of Lara starting from scratch and being unprepared. They talked about her going in prepared and loosing all her gear, yet all she lost was her goggles and her beanie.
Old 19-06-17, 14:22   #132
NoahCrofRaider
Archaeologist

Has there been any confirmation of this being official yet?

The logos look really good, as well as some of the concept art.
Old 19-06-17, 14:34   #133
Portugalraider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Has there been any confirmation of this being official yet?

The logos look really good, as well as some of the concept art.
Well, Meagan apparently asked some members of the forum to delete their tweets about the leak, so yeah, it's official

Also, that concept art is just rough sketches just to get the general idea, done in, like, under a minute. Obviously some wouldn't look that good

I do like the idea under most. Going for the badass and. I like it!
Old 19-06-17, 15:43   #134
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, Meagan apparently asked some members of the forum to delete their tweets about the leak, so yeah, it's official

Also, that concept art is just rough sketches just to get the general idea, done in, like, under a minute. Obviously some wouldn't look that good

I do like the idea under most. Going for the badass and. I like it!
I guess this was our E3 surprise gift we all wanted. Remember how people were BEGGING for something? Even a single piece of concept art to dissect? This is it.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 16:30   #135
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I guess this was our E3 surprise gift we all wanted. Remember how people were BEGGING for something? Even a single piece of concept art to dissect? This is it.
Nice. Now we want more.
Old 19-06-17, 16:38   #136
MelikeLara
Professor

We TR fans are never satiated... lol
Old 19-06-17, 17:14   #137
charmedangelin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
And I'm glad we finally got something to talk about, but like Trenton said, we want more. I guess as Tomb Raider fans we are always left with a yearning to know more when it comes to Lara Croft and her adventures.
Old 19-06-17, 17:22   #138
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Rainy Mexico with the Mayan Pyramids is just too familiar IMO... If they were to do Mexico I was hoping for warmer colours this time around. Maybe sunset like the Legend promo art.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 17:27   #139
charmedangelin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Rainy Mexico with the Mayan Pyramids is just too familiar IMO... If they were to do Mexico I was hoping for warmer colours this time around. Maybe sunset like the Legend promo art.
We only had one level in Underworld that had that. While Egypt was done in TR4 and TRA. Desert was also done in TR3 and TRL. Plus we had that section in Rise with Desert.

I think focusing on Mayan mythology will be great.

I will agree with you though that I would love to have warmer colors as I too am tired of the grey and brown color palette that they've been using in the reboot.
Old 19-06-17, 18:18   #140
Felix Kroft
Hobbyist

Most people here don't want to see snowy / rainy environments in the next game, favoring more exotic, jungle / desert setting.
[ I loved the snowy / rainy levels in the past, and i still do ]

And something tells me that after this new TR, many people will become "sick and tired" of whatever comes next. CD tends to overuse some stuff in their games.

I would personally love to see them juggle a bit the environment this time.

One level in rainy jungle, the other chapter in the same part but set during a hot, dry sun, then some misty forest, bare mountains with mazes and labyrinths atop of them with beautiful landscapes, some kind of lagoon hidden deep within an island or something, a shipyard / ship graveyard with ships from different eras, explorable, great Spanish Galleon for example.

I like their new graphic style, but it needs to get more color this time around, there are many games, and movies that despite being gritty and dark, can still have a rich color palette, which makes them more memorable, and it could break the monotony a little bit.

If all these rumours about the setting, style, and tone of the game are in fact true, then i wouldn't mind to see Lara fighting with some sort to deities, some snake people, giant serpents, big spiders, something really terryfing in scale, or just posing for a better threat than undead soldiers.

Imagine if something would relentlessly hunt You through dark chambers and corridors as You explore the unknown, it would be really cool to have this choice to run and hide or blast it away with a lots of ammo power and fast reflexes

I want Lara to be very powerful and confident this time, yet still be mortal, and vulnearable.

I loved that sense of dread in classics, knowing that somewhere in the sewer is a crocodile, and to be able to hear his hissing, and then deciding which ammo would be better to use up on him, anyone else feels the same?

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 19-06-17 at 18:29.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote