www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 19-06-17, 09:20   #1
FreakRaider
Professor

Default Next Terror Attack In London

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...k-london-live/

a van drove into a bunch of people, killing one of them. this time it wasn't someone from the IS though
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 14:47   #2
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

It saddens me that I actually had the displeasure of encountering Douchebags that were celebrating what this POS did; Calling him a "Hero" and that he took the "right action on behalf of the silent Majority."

Good Job in fanning the flames of hatred there Alt. Right Jackasses!

The man was caught at the scene by Muslims themselves and the Imam went as far PROTECTING the douchebag from the Public who wanted to attack him until the Police arrived on site to arrest the man.

But hey... Muslims are violent people am I right?

Last edited by Catapharact; 19-06-17 at 18:19.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 15:08   #3
Dennis's Mom

Remember: it's only when white males kill a bunch of people that they're lone crackpots whose actions are never influenced by their politics or their religion.

Any other demographic, and such behavior committed is totally representative of their race/ethnicity/religion and therefore all are guilty.
Old 19-06-17, 15:39   #4
xLara_Nathanx
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
It saddens me that I actually had the displeasure of encountering Douchebags that were celebrating what this POS did; Calling him a "Hero" and that he took the "right action on behalf of the silent Majority."

Good Job in fanning the slames of hatred there Alt. Right Jackasses!

The man was caught at the scene by Muslims themselves and the Imam went as far a PROTECTING the douchebag from the Public who wanted to attack him until the Police arrived on site to arrest the man.

But hey... Muslims are violent people am I right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Remember: it's only when white males kill a bunch of people that they're lone crackpots whose actions are never influenced by their politics or their religion.

Any other demographic, and such behavior committed is totally representative of their race/ethnicity/religion and therefore all are guilty.
Couldn't have said it better than these two posts.

Moreover, it saddens me that my initial reaction was being glad that only 1 person passed away, as opposed to being shocked that this attack happened.
Old 19-06-17, 15:45   #5
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

But hardly anyone actually believes this though, especially that second part.

Of course attacks like this are just as abhorrent as Islamist attacks. I don't care who the perpetrators are or why they do it - murder is murder and terrorism is terrorism.

What I will say though is that with attacks like this the perpetrator was probably less ideologically indoctrinated than say, Islamist terrorists. This was an attack aimed at a specific group. Doesn't make the attack any more or less repugnant, but there was probably less ideology behind it.
Old 19-06-17, 15:53   #6
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I remember the time when the IRA were bombing London and other cities in the UK.

I find it interesting how differently in some ways it all plays out.

Maybe I was too young to remember properly. Or perhaps we've changed as people. Perhaps it's the technological, twitter age we live in.

I do think fundamentally though, most people - whilst appalled - want no part of the histrionics surrounding what is happening and try to take a phlegmatic stance on it all.
Old 19-06-17, 16:00   #7
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Horrible things happening in London yet again. When is this beautiful city and its people ever gonna get the peace it deserves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
The man was caught at the scene by Muslims themselves and the Imam went as far a PROTECTING the douchebag from the Public who wanted to attack him until the Police arrived on site to arrest the man.
Yes it was very good of him that he managed to save the perpetrator from getting killed by the angry mob. Taking justice into ones own hands is not the way to go about this as it is down to law enforcement and the legal system to deal with this. Plus the angry mob would have been convicted of murder had he not prevented it.
Old 19-06-17, 16:18   #8
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I remember the time when the IRA were bombing London and other cities in the UK.

I find it interesting how differently in some ways it all plays out.

Maybe I was too young to remember properly. Or perhaps we've changed as people. Perhaps it's the technological, twitter age we live in.

I do think fundamentally though, most people - whilst appalled - want no part of the histrionics surrounding what is happening and try to take a phlegmatic stance on it all.
I think the internet and the growth of 24-hour news is a big, big factor. It's why for example so many think the world is more violent and messed up today than it ever has been when in fact, it's relatively never been better. Admittedly there's been a bit of a spike in conflict deaths (due to Syria mainly) in recent years but even compared to the Cold War it pales in comparison. And in almost every objective measure of human development, things are improving. Even 20 years ago the world was doing a lot worse with things like child mortality for example.

Last edited by Mad Tony; 19-06-17 at 16:23.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 16:21   #9
redfox45
Explorer

And here come the "woke " brigade saying it was a false flag hoax.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-17, 16:23   #10
Brendanlovesu1
Historian

I was wondering why this wasn't being covered by the 24hr news earlier, then I saw that it was a group of Muslims mown down by a white guy as they left their mosque and it made more sense.

The motivations of these news outlets and agenda pushers is so transparent, and one of the reasons acts like these, from all sides, will continue to happen.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote