Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 13-07-09, 07:48   #17641
warior

awesome, mariokart64n

great work as always !

btw, seems that inheriting lara's skeleton Rayne can use Xna Lara's poses:

great news, thanks to sephirostoy scripts now XNA Lara can be used as posing program not only for TRU characters.

carbint - told you to calm down for a week, after yours posts full with stupid "explanations", "great pro modder conclusions" and even insults you disgraced yourself to point that no one else can
warior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 08:21   #17642
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokart64n View Post
I can't get over how dense you are. either your a 12years old, or you have a huge dis-illusion with reality. your going around posting, "look at me, I'm not snaping at people anymore" ..then you go around insulting me and other member's intelligence. or atleast questioning it, with your ridiculous theories on how "you think" things work

seriously I've had it with being polite with you, you've been nothing but RUDE to me and everyone else that has gotten in the way of your little fantasy.

Facts!
-I did PM dusan, but there was no response.
-I publicly posted for help
-and we now have results!

Proof of Concept
[IMG]http://i25.************/34yzi2w.jpg[/IMG]

download
http://rapidshare.com/files/25522058...bloodryane.zip

INFO
blender was a pain to use, and in the end I had to give up trying to learn it's weighting utility. but I was able to use 3dsmax to weight the model, so I'm quite happy

though not alot of time was spent on the model and this rig, this was just a simple test. the model moves to a degree.. all limbs etc.. face and fingers no. cause it's 2AM and i'm tired

Note about export
there's something special about the bones, maybe a certain hierarchy needs to be identified by the program.. so atm I had to use a skeleton from an existing model. maybe down the road I'll figure out what root bone I need to allow custom skeletons to work
also I had trouble making a unique mesh file and folder. so I had to replace the dummy.mesh I'm not sure why it crashes when I rename the folder and the mesh file. I did make sure to replace and text in the acsii.mesh. so I have no clue.
one last thing I couldn't figure out the materials. I can define multiple materials but the effect is null since the model seems to have a high emissive and no spec what so ever.

..all things to look into later but cheers to new character importing
Well, first things first, congratulations!
Secondly, what I was (and still am) saying is not a theory about how I think things work. It is how XNALara works. You have shown the control window in your print-screen, and in that I can see that you have changed the .mesh file to represent that of the dummy model, because you've changed its name and obviously its file structure. I must admit that I forgot that this could be done, however you did not forget, and yet you point-blank refused to offer any evidence to the contrary. And yet we all know it was there now, so why did you refuse to say anything? I can only assume that you want to laugh at others like a child when you prove them wrong. Because you have not told anyone how it would have worked at all. You have refused to accept what I was saying (which, as it turns out, was partially correct - you really can't add entirely new objects to XNALara; they have to be written over another pre-existing one)

You even said that when you tired to rename the .mesh file, XNALara would not load it. This is exactly what I was saying would happen. You are just to plain ****ing ignorant to realise it. So, we were both right, and we were both wrong. I accept it... do you? Are you going to be adult about it and accept that we were both right and wrong in what we said? I somehow doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warior View Post
awesome, mariokart64n

great work as always !

btw, seems that inheriting lara's skeleton Rayne can use Xna Lara's poses:

great news, thanks to sephirostoy scripts now XNA Lara can be used as posing program not only for TRU characters.

carbint - told you to calm down for a week, after yours posts full with stupid "explanations", "great pro modder conclusions" and even insults you disgraced yourself to point that no one else can
They weren't stupid explanations, they were FACTS. Why are you very adamant that I was wrong? Yes, it works in XNALara, when you use the tutorial that I wrote. I was completely right in what I said - XNALara will crash if you install a custom .mesh file!!! Look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokart64n View Post
there's something special about the bones, maybe a certain hierarchy needs to be identified by the program.. so atm I had to use a skeleton from an existing model. maybe down the road I'll figure out what root bone I need to allow custom skeletons to work
also I had trouble making a unique mesh file and folder. so I had to replace the dummy.mesh I'm not sure why it crashes when I rename the folder and the mesh file. I did make sure to replace and text in the acsii.mesh. so I have no clue.
one last thing I couldn't figure out the materials. I can define multiple materials but the effect is null since the model seems to have a high emissive and no spec what so ever.

..all things to look into later but cheers to new character importing
These three things are precisely the problems that I predicted would occur. So go back and read my posts again, get your ****ing facts straight and do not ever tell me to do anything again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 View Post
i agree with everything you said, and i have to say ive fallen in love with you, and this time if i ask you i wonlt get yelled at, so, are you able to make any model poseable?!
Actually, no, they cant!
All of this hype and frenzy they've whipped up, saying that it can be done, and actually all that can be done is loading models onto Lara's skeleton
All right, yes that's a pretty damn good achievement, but it just goes to show that maybe people shouldn't be cocky little ****ers and demand that everyone except themselves is wrong. Because, at the end of the day, the person who's worse off from this battle is not me It's them.

Last edited by carbint; 13-07-09 at 08:28.
carbint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 08:38   #17643
Hairhelmet12
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbint View Post

Actually, no, they cant!
All of this hype and frenzy they've whipped up, saying that it can be done, and actually all that can be done is loading models onto Lara's skeleton
All right, yes that's a pretty damn good achievement, but it just goes to show that maybe people shouldn't be cocky little ****ers and demand that everyone except themselves is wrong. Because, at the end of the day, the person who's worse off from this battle is not me It's them.
Actually, Yes, Thay can!

You seen it yet you still make it like your right? wow your ego must be waaaaaay out there. and maby you should take your own advice, you prance around this froums like your so great and powerful, yet your still an ass hole.
Hairhelmet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 08:59   #17644
warior

Quote:
Actually, Yes, Thay can!

You seen it yet you still make it like your right? wow your ego must be waaaaaay out there. and maby you should take your own advice, you prance around this froums like your so great and powerful, yet your still an ass hole.
agrred completely

and i'm going to stop bother with him, at least till carbint stop behaves like small idioto
Old 13-07-09, 09:05   #17645
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Actually, Yes, Thay can!

Are you not listening either? He said that you have to load the model onto Lara's skeleton. So no, custom posable models are still limited. Bye...

Any yes, I am right. Is everyone ****ing blind??? How did you miss what I was talking about above??? We're both right and wrong. Get it into your head.

Quote:
agrred completely

and i'm going to stop bother with him, at least till carbint stop behaves like small idioto
Good. **** off and leave me alone. You're both being bullies and ganging up on me, so if you don't leave me alone, I will report you.

Last edited by carbint; 13-07-09 at 09:06.
Old 13-07-09, 09:17   #17646
warior

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbint View Post
Are you not listening either? He said that you have to load the model onto Lara's skeleton. So no, custom posable models are still limited. Bye...

Any yes, I am right. Is everyone ****ing blind??? How did you miss what I was talking about above??? We're both right and wrong. Get it into your head.

Good. **** off and leave me alone. You're both being bullies and ganging up on me, so if you don't leave me alone, I will report you.
lol, go call your mommy to save you from your self-made mess
Old 13-07-09, 09:20   #17647
ChingKong

you guys no need for the harsh words...keep it pg....no one wants to get banned

yes i know im being the little goody-goody...sue me
ChingKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 09:21   #17648
Lara'sMan

Talking

Hi Everyone,

I have been having so much fun with this program that I just had to make some more. Oh no I think I am addicted to it now.

Just wanted to share some random pics...

Titanic Scene
----------------------- It had to be done!!! -------------------------

---------------------------Its Over!!! -------------------------------------

------------------------------Lara - "Alister...What on earth are you doing up there?"-------------------------------------

---Lara's Magic Hands - Larson back from the dead!--------------

------------------------NATLA!!!!!!-------------------------------------

Enjoy! I had lots of fun making these scenes. More...lots more soon.
Magic Fingers....
Lara'sMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 09:28   #17649
ChingKong

lmao titanic!

awesome stuff Laras MAn cant wait to see more
ChingKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 09:30   #17650
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
lol, go call your mommy to save you from your self-made mess
Just go away, please. You're being a horrible bully, and no-one likes that. Just go away. I don't need anyone to 'save me from my self-made mess' I just want you to leave me alone. I'm not in any mess, because, as I pointed out above, I'm also right in this argument. However, I don't see why you should bully and torment people just because they made a mistake. So grow up, go away and admit you were just as wrong as I was. And stop ganging up on me.
Just because you've made a great XNALara discovery doesn't give you permission to mouth off at everyone and run riot in the TRF, and behave like a little arsehole.

I love those images, larasMan! They're great! I love Alister's one, when he's up the pole!

Last edited by carbint; 13-07-09 at 09:32.