Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-17, 16:38   #1
JsotoTRSaga

Question Crystal Dynamics are reaaally quiet as of late... Again

Something is definitely going on at CD. No 20th Anniversary statues talk or reveal, No word on the rumors about SOTTR (their silence make me think the rumors are true). Their silence is reminiscent of the times before ROTTR was announced, We have been hearing about new employees coming in at CD and some other key members of the team leaving. Are we getting a SOTTR reveal in 2017? What is Crystal up to? Any ideas for a new IP? or is this LOK reboot?
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 17:31   #2
ThatSassyKid

CD have always been secretive tho like literally always.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 17:50   #3
Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
TRue tbh xD
Information about TR has always been scarce. There was more this year because of the 20th anniversary but that's all. And I don't think other games get lots of information released often either anyway
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 17:54   #4
AntRaidsTombs

I remember it was quiet for a while with Rise, then boom we was hit with a ton of information from Game Informer
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 18:06   #5
ESCachuli

A new Legacy of Kain game would certainly catch my interest.

Unless they decide Kain and Raziel are way too cold and transform them into "relatable" characters that need collapsing floors every 2 steps and lots of screams. And white ledges. Damn, the platforming in Soul Reaver was quite good indeed.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 18:07   #6
_Doppie_

Well, I'm excited to see what will be their new IP.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 18:16   #7
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Something is definitely going on at CD. No 20th Anniversary statues talk or reveal, No word on the rumors about SOTTR (their silence make me think the rumors are true). Their silence is reminiscent of the times before ROTTR was announced, We have been hearing about new employees coming in at CD and some other key members of the team leaving. Are we getting a SOTTR reveal in 2017? What is Crystal up to? Any ideas for a new IP? or is this LOK reboot?
If we get informations about the statues it will be from Gaming Heads I think. And I think we didn't see anything about them because they're still trying to sell the TOO one and she's still not released. I think they don't want people to cancel their pre-order because they want to buy a 20th anniversary statue instead.

But for the rest, yes I think something's going on too ! I hope for a big reveal of TR11 and LC3 !
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 20:55   #8
tomee

They are probably waiting for E3... again...
It feels like Square Enix really only thinks in terms of E3's as far as releasing new content is concerned. I don't think we will have to sit through 2 years though. If you think about it, Rise came out in 2015, so a late 2017/early 2018 release date for the next game is highly likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Didn't they reveal so much about TRU that people actually complained about just how much they knew about the game even before it launched? They have been secretative for some time, but always? nah
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:08   #9
MyRaider4Life

I wouldn't read into it. It was just Christmas and and New Years, so I'm sure some employees are still on holiday and they're probably just working hard for an E3 reveal. I wouldn't expect anything earlier than that.
MyRaider4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:09   #10
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
They are probably waiting for E3... again...
It feels like Square Enix really only thinks in terms of E3's as far as releasing new content is concerned. I don't think we will have to sit through 2 years though. If you think about it, Rise came out in 2015, so a late 2017/early 2018 release date for the next game is highly likely.
Even more likely given the release of the film will be in March.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote