Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-05-13, 09:24   #11
jack9267
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus View Post
Goodness gracious, anti-aliasing and shaders in TRLE I never thought I'd see the day.

While I hope it's compatible with TRNG, your hard work will be most appreciated anyway, I'm sure.

Good luck with this and of course, thank you

Looks like, if things go to plan, I finally must get my ass around to learning Lua
With lua I will add events such as OnPlayerDie etc and OnTrigger with the type see objects.h for the defines like FLIPEFFECT BODYBAG etc the possibilities are endless plus custom d3d9 rendering in lua is a bonus
jack9267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:26   #12
jack9267
Inactive

Quote:
It seems you really know what you're doing. But I would love to know, if you implemented all the TRNG and TREP features, would that mean that we would have to re-do all our triggers and re-do all our scripting? I understand if this is the case, just that might take some builders [including myself] many hours of re-doing things.

Also, have you heard of FLEP?

Ah, this community is like a hive of bees, making little patches here and little fixes there and never making one big solution program for all of it. I guess it must be a programming nightmare.
It will take a little bit of time but all these flip effects I'd rather code in lua, I stayed up 22 hours straight working on dx9 lol

Also FLEP seems to have the same patches (lot less) but written the same way. Extending the tomb4 size is the worst one!

Also with the enhanced engine we can be using PNG files and mip maps

Last edited by jack9267; 14-05-13 at 09:30.
Old 14-05-13, 09:31   #13
Niveus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack9267 View Post
With lua I will add events such as OnPlayerDie etc and OnTrigger with the type see objects.h for the defines like FLIPEFFECT BODYBAG etc the possibilities are endless plus custom d3d9 rendering in lua is a bonus
Oh, this sounds not too complicated for a newbie like me. And more flexible.
Quote:
It will take a little bit of time but all these flip effects I'd rather code in lua, I stayed up 22 hours straight working on dx9 lol
Also FLEP seems to have the same patches (lot less) but written the same way. Extending the tomb4 size is the worst one!

Also with the enhanced engine we can be using PNG files and mip maps
My, get some sleep! I have to say I find this very exciting, so sorry for chatting so much. I always dreamed of anti-aliasing in TRLE. I would take a screencap then resize it down, just to see how much nicer the anti-aliasing would make the game.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:31   #14
mizuno_suisei

Your comment regarding FMVs and Cutscenes has just caught my attention.

Could you ever look into forcing the TRLE tomb4.exe to load Cutscenes and FMVs like the TR4 tomb4.exe? The reason I ask is that it would be great to play Tomb Raider 4 (with cutscenes and FMVs) with TREP enhanced features etc...If we use the TRLE tomb4.exe with the TR4 script, levels etc.. yeah sure we can play the game fine, we just can't see any of the cutscenes or FMV videos as Core seems to have taken out those triggering capabilities in the TRLE tomb4.exe

Just a dream of mine to watch and play old TR4 cutscenes and levels in TRUE widescreen, much bigger drawing distances etc... (mostly TREP features)
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:35   #15
jack9267
Inactive

Core didn't actually touch FMVs, the support is there at least. I'll look into the trigger system probs just the editor refuses to add them or something else or maybe was it the script.dat which I'm obsoleting since you need 16-bit to compile it and I'm 64-bit on my pc

Edit:
I guess I'll have to document functions on my wiki http://wiki.************************...itle=Main_Page

For lua

Last edited by jack9267; 14-05-13 at 09:39.
Old 14-05-13, 09:38   #16
mizuno_suisei

If you use the original TR4 script dat files, original level data files, original cutseq.pak etc.. (all untouched) the cutscenes just wont trigger if you're using the TRLE exe, they will only work if you use the TR4 exe.

^ Your wiki link is corrupt

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 14-05-13 at 09:51.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:43   #17
Raider99

Just in case you didn't see this below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to do post processing (similar to new TR) in tomb4.exe when you enhance it?
I'm not sure is that effect what I mean, when you run and while turning, everything becomes a bit blurry until you stop moving.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:48   #18
jack9267
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
Just in case you didn't see this below:
Yup missed it, and yeah with the work of shaders and rendering to a texture, of course I won't release that in the first release.

But simply someone could write it or wait for me to.

Might read out of a plugins HBF file (my custom format which might replace the TR4 format)
Old 14-05-13, 09:50   #19
Niveus

Quote:
Might read out of a plugins HBF file (my custom format which might replace the TR4 format)
Wait... so does that mean our current levels won't be compatible with this? Or am I just being dumb and misunderstanding as usual?
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:58   #20
jack9267
Inactive

Quote:
Wait... so does that mean our current levels won't be compatible with this? Or am I just being dumb and misunderstanding as usual?
No I'm just adding support for an enhanced level format nothing to worry about