Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 23-04-18, 01:25   #11
ActuallyArlow

I wonder if the low sales of Anniversary gave Crystal and Eidios the impression that people didn't want classic Lara anymore, (even tho in my eyes that's not the case). I feel like the game was rushed a bit and was a bit of a waste because Core Design were originally working on an anniversary and from the impression I got, they were in fact, not rushing it. So in other words, theoretically we may have lost classic Lara due to low sales of a wasted rushed remake game that was originally made for the original developers. But that's just an idea.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 03:58   #12
b.gluch

I'm thinking of getting the LAU games again, had them on 360 years ago, but I don't have it anymore. Should I get the PS3 trilogy or get TRL and TRA for PS2 and TRU for PS3. I'm just concerned for Legend and Anniversary, what's the better experience?
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 04:15   #13
Ahmier
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
I'm thinking of getting the LAU games again, had them on 360 years ago, but I don't have it anymore. Should I get the PS3 trilogy or get TRL and TRA for PS2 and TRU for PS3. I'm just concerned for Legend and Anniversary, what's the better experience?
You should get the trilogy. Graphics wise it’s better. And experience wise, it’s pretty much the same with both versions.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 14:39   #14
Mason Cain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I gather the game was made for PS2 console and quickly ported to other platforms. TRA was generally the least loved one by Crystal Dynamics and the entire game was made by Nixes software studio, not the one behind TRL+TRU.
And it was by far and away the best out of the Legend / Anni / Underworld Trilogy
Mason Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 21:44   #15
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
The playstarion 3 version is the best looking one, it even rivals Legend a little bit but this one came out in 2010. I always wondered why but it's low initial sales could be the cause and the fact that it was an afterthought bc it was Eidos who wanted the anniversary edition to happen. Less than a year to work on an epic, hard work and graphics may suffer.
I've not played the 360 versions, but in my opinion the PS3 version of Anniversary actually looked better than PS3's Legend.

On PS3 Legend looked ****ed up. The environmental textures were quite nice, but it was let down in other areas. Lara turned orange whenever she was wet, almost like she'd been doused in fake tan, and on some costumes her clothes became a really odd texture. Her eyes also looked strange. The lighting also wasn't as good as PS3 Anniversary's. So Anniversary caught up on PS3, either that or (I can't imagine this but just a thought) they downplayed how good Legend looked so Anniversary would look better next to it.

I'll even go as far as saying (from memory, it's been some years) that Legend almost looked better on PS2 than it did on PS3, the PS3 version looked so off the mark.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 23-04-18 at 21:53.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 10:25   #16
dcw123

It's a shame Legend got downgraded for the 360 - anyone remember those awesome looking beta screenshots?!

I actually thought TRA on the Wii looked the best (if you had a HD connection through WiiU that is)

That game featured real time shadows in the levels, and I prefer the water effects (below surface moves)
I always found 360 ports to look to plastic and shiny
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote