Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 10-12-14, 01:16   #21
Babou

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
It will be once you beat the game.
Where abouts in the world is it? Is it that broken bridge on the main game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I'm having fun with it, despite it being a bit glitchy. I had to start a new game at one point just to overcome a glitch...
You still haven't accepted my friend request
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:23   #22
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babou View Post
You still haven't accepted my friend request
Did you say who you were in the request?

Sorry, I get tons of friend requests from randoms that I just ignore
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:28   #23
aussie500
Golden

Very addictive and fun, and I love hearing Keeley as Lara again.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:31   #24
Babou

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Did you say who you were in the request?

Sorry, I get tons of friend requests from randoms that I just ignore
Maybe I don't recall. I will re-send it tomorrow.
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:32   #25
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babou View Post
Where abouts in the world is it? Is it that broken bridge on the main game?
It's in the actual Temple of Osiris -- where you access the fights with Khepri, Sobek and Set.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:41   #26
Scilli

This is a good game no question about it, but its not as good as Guardian of Light.
Here is why:

- Guardian of Light plays differently. You could play either alone OR with another friend. The experience was heavily different.
When you played alone all cutscences and dialoge were handled different then in the coop experience.
In Temple of Osiris there is always someone talking who is simply not there. The experience is always the same in Solo or Coop Mode in terms of dialogue.
- The over all puzzles were way better than TOS.
- The pistols (ur weapon of choice if you have no ammo) are not useable later on, because they are too slow and do not any significant damage.
In GOL the pistols shoot fast enough
- The Spear and the Staff have complete different uses, while the spear could mainpulate a level in various ways, a staff only can trigger a scripted event( such as raising a block)
- GOL was the longer game
- The chests are a neat thing but its just not the same if you open all kind of them with many rings and amulets in it or you earn every single item hard by experience. I know that TOS gives you the option to unlock all that by challenges as well, but why should i, when i can get all this with chests?
- The camera is sometimes too far away from Lara, a problem i never encountered in GOL.
- The camera is sometimes in a really akward spot where you constantly need to fear to jump into your death
- The game seems not optimized due to Lara moves not as fluid as in GOL, it feels more clunky. In GOL i had the feeling of absolute control over my character.

Still a pretty neat game and makes fun.
GOL was just the better of the 2
Scilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:58   #27
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilli View Post
I know that TOS gives you the option to unlock all that by challenges as well, but why should i, when i can get all this with chests?
You can't.

Or, well, I don't think so anyway -- because I don't think the challenge rewards change dynamically, as the chests' contents do.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 13:10   #28
Tonyrobinson

Despite minor bug issues or clunky controls this once again has provided me with unbelievable and modern approach to the classic formula, The level design is great, the graphics and environments are absolutely some of the most beautiful I have seen in a game featuring Lara Croft, the story is simplistic but feels right for an adventure game, the voice acting is great, I wish they'd release this with a camera patch to position it behind Lara (for single player) because this would make the ultimate true to form Tomb Raider experience for me.

I am honestly surprised that Crystal have shown that they can make a great Tomb Raider game in these two downloadable titles compared to what they have achieved with the main series.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 10-12-14 at 13:23.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 18:56   #29
just*raidin*tomb

It's hard for me to judge so early on, but I must say that I am pretty disappointed so far.

Any attempt at me playing anything other than single player is met with annoying loading and backtracking due to the game having to reload every time a player is dropped and joined. My first 10 minutes with the game was so disheartening and frustrating that I honestly just about gave up. All I did was replay the same room over and over b/c players kept dropping in and dropping out and then when they managed to stay with me for a few minutes the lag was so dreadful and camera so shaky that it almost made me sick.

As of now I can only really play with 2 players online. Anything else becomes frustrating. Even without the tech issues the camera is not as good as it was in Gol. Sometimes I find that it is just far too zoomed out and there's so much happening on screen with 4 players that I get completely lost.

So my thoughts so far: Do not play with people you do not know. I'm sure the best way to play this game is with a few friends sitting on the couch.

Other than that the puzzles so far have been pretty straight-forward and I have to yet hit any real challenge. Enemies are easy to kill so I don't even see the need to change weapons or rings/amulets. The whole system so far seems rather pointless due to the lack of challenging enemies. While the initial gameplay is fun and beautiful to look at, so far something just seems like it is missing. Perhaps that will change. I'm only on my third tomb. But overall so far I am a bit underwhelmed.

I loved GoL so much and I hope this gets better. So far Gol is more challenging in every single way and its puzzles are a lot more varied and interesting. I'm sure the game really comes alive more when you're not playing by yourself, but for now that's all I can do without getting pulled out of the game every 2 minutes. :/

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 10-12-14 at 18:58.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 21:05   #30
CheshireBitch

I played it on two players version at home and it was really great. We loved it, the ambiance, funny talking between the characters, the gameplay, beautiful Lara Croft. Really great. I loved the fact that we can switch characters when we load the game.

But, too bad there's only one save game slot. So I have to wait that my friend is coming over again to continue the story and I don't know for the other versions but in the French game secrets are called "Crâne rouge" (red skull) just like in GOL but it isn't a red skull in game.

Anyway I loved it.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote