Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 21-06-15, 18:56   #21
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikros View Post
For example, TR 2013 has great controls, probably the best in the series, but combat is way too repetitive and level design is poor. Now if you take that game and put the TR1-inspired levels on it, it's insta-awesome. It was the same with TRA; it took the good things of Legend and coupled them with better level design owing to TR1.
I didn't mind the level design of TR9.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-15, 08:59   #22
Commotion

If it's a remake of the first one but with the Reboot's style, then no thank you. By the way, CD would be remaking the same game twice in different styles each.

But I'd like to see TRII remaked. Justsayingdontkillmeplease.
Commotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-15, 21:46   #23
Zhyttya

I understand where your going, and i also agree with you when u speak about "not showing blood on Lara's hands" it should have shown blood! At least ORANGE blood!

But i don't think the new Lara would "fit on Lara's old clothes" if you know what i mean. Besides, they did molded the Scion story's to fit the trilogy story line...so...it wouldn't fit on the current story line on my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
No, hell forbid Crystals ever touching Core's games. Unless it's going to be a spin-off game like GoL or ToO. Then maybe yes.

I mean, they completely changed the game genre in 2013 and eradicated everything that even remotely resembled TR, including Lara. TR used to be a great action-adventure platformer, but now it's just yet another generic shooter on the market. Quite frankly I don't expect Rise to be any better and I'm not waiting for it.
I TOTALLY agree with you. Although i did enjoyed very much the last game it didn't felt like Tomb Raider at all. Everyone says that Uncharted copied Tomb Raider, but the reboot of TR DEFINITELY took the style of uncharted. The so annoying "action-shooter all the time" type of game. The shooting on the last game was just too much...i really hope they don't do the same to Rise.

Last edited by Zhyttya; 23-06-15 at 22:00.
Zhyttya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-15, 22:04   #24
Blackmoor

In a literal sense - making TR1 in the style of TR2103 would mean making it a shooter... TR1 as a shooter? No thanks.

But other than that, yes I would like to see a realistic version of the adventure of TR1.

Lara Croft battling winds, snow and wolves to enter the caves and make her way through to the Lost Valley... where dinosaurs live and the last remains of a fabulous ancient civilisation can be found........ never stops sounding great to me (and the rest of TR1 also).

If they genuinely made a game like that - realistic style - but with proper perils and mysteries, not shooting lord knows how many random people, then yes I'd be up for it.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-15, 22:13   #25
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikros View Post
I'd like to see a remake of TR1 every 10 years, to be honest. I think TR1 has by far the best level design in the series, so it would be great to see it again on each reboot iterarion.

For example, TR 2013 has great controls, probably the best in the series, but combat is way too repetitive and level design is poor. Now if you take that game and put the TR1-inspired levels on it, it's insta-awesome. It was the same with TRA; it took the good things of Legend and coupled them with better level design owing to TR1.
Awesome? I think not. Most of what made the original game the magnificent experience that it turned out to be was due to the inherent challenge of the traversal through the game world. This would be either rendered moot and innocuous (as stated by the designers of Anniversary in the God-awful commentaries), or perverted by quicktime events or some other silly gimmick.

Best controls in the series? By what measure?
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-15, 11:26   #26
Leeth

The best think would be a classic tomb raider (1 2 3 or 4) with the game play of Underworld but with some classic puzzles and with the current engine... it seems like a mess but its the "only way" that it would work.. Because if you just remake a tomb raider classic to the new engine with the classic gameplay it would be a simples shooter with silly phisics! Well, thats my opinion at least.. And yes i miss jumping left and right just to dodge projectiles while taking 2 hours to kill someone with dual pistols
Leeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-15, 13:09   #27
mikros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
[TR2013] Best controls in the series? By what measure?
Best controls in that they are agile, organic and reliable. I feel Lara2013 has the right weight, speed, turning ability, she has a nice air maneuverability as opposed to preset jumps from TRclassics or magnetic jumps from TRLAU, and they feel right and responsive in general. The shame is that there’s barely any interesting platforming or puzzles to try them in TR2013. That’s why I’d love to see another remake; it would be awesome to see reboot Lara traversing levels such as St. Francis Folly or the Cistern, even if they aren't recreated exactly like the original down to the last stone.

Compared to TR2013, a remake of TR1 would hopefully be a bit less linear and QTE-y, and it would have no human enemies besides the few named ones. Sounds good to me.

Last edited by mikros; 24-06-15 at 13:10.
mikros is offline   Reply With Quote