Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-11, 00:12   #4111
Gracious Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore View Post
Here's something that sorta grinds my gears:

I wish more of TRF's members posted more around the General section, because in some threads I only see the same people, over and over again. Not that I have anything against them, of course; but I just don't know them or relate to them, so I feel like the thread's just their chatroom and I'm intruding or something.
I just wish there was more variety of tastes, views and opinions in the forum.

We have LOTS of members, so WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?
I am new, but I didn't necessarily join for the Reboot. However, the reason I'm not that active here is precisely what you stated in bold. Plus, when there is a discussion that I could've put my two cents into, I find it usually agrees with at least one other person and I don't like adding a reply that is just a copy/paste of so many others in the same thread.

As for my own grinded gears: "Love the Way You Lie" by Rihanna. It's becoming so overplayed in my house because of a certain Damages Promo that won't go away.
Old 13-07-11, 00:30   #4112
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:

I wish more of TRF's members posted more around the General section, because in some threads I only see the same people, over and over again. Not that I have anything against them, of course; but I just don't know them or relate to them, so I feel like the thread's just their chatroom and I'm intruding or something.

This!
Old 13-07-11, 00:33   #4113
robm_2007

I post all over GC, Arts and Entertainment, Videogames Section, and Tomb Raider (2012).

Get to know me and in turn, you can relate to me ;__;
Old 13-07-11, 00:39   #4114
xXhayleyroxXx

My internet connection >.< Way to go cut out on me. All the time...
Old 13-07-11, 00:54   #4115
Funto

Quote:

I put that in bold because I feel the same. I registered a few years ago but I'll be honest, I've only now taken an interest in seeing what people talk about in the areas that aren't about TR. The thing is... I really don't feel like going HEY HERE'S WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, GUYS, so lurking around seems to be the best option.

I'm interested in seeing what people talk about in that strangely restricted 18+ forum (seriously, why is it restricted? these kids are on the internet anyway), but at this rate, I'll reach the minimum 100 posts required to use it in 2014.

That parenthesis grinds my gears, there you go.
Old 13-07-11, 01:01   #4116
Encore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracious Days View Post
I am new, but I didn't necessarily join for the Reboot. However, the reason I'm not that active here is precisely what you stated in bold. Plus, when there is a discussion that I could've put my two cents into, I find it usually agrees with at least one other person and I don't like adding a reply that is just a copy/paste of so many others in the same thread.

As for my own grinded gears: "Love the Way You Lie" by Rihanna. It's becoming so overplayed in my house because of a certain Damages Promo that won't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funto View Post
I put that in bold because I feel the same. I registered a few years ago but I'll be honest, I've only now taken an interest in seeing what people talk about in the areas that aren't about TR. The thing is... I really don't feel like going HEY HERE'S WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, GUYS, so lurking around seems to be the best option.

I'm interested in seeing what people talk about in that strangely restricted 18+ forum (seriously, why is it restricted? these kids are on the internet anyway), but at this rate, I'll reach the minimum 100 posts required to use it in 2014.

That parenthesis grinds my gears, there you go.
SEE this is what I'm talking about.

Seeing new members saying these things makes me wonder just how awful the General section is becoming. This is supposed to be a place for EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, not just some sort of exclusive club.

But the only way to change it is to have more people posting more often, else it will only get worst. :/
Old 13-07-11, 01:23   #4117
cezy rockeru

When I get angry on people I love for really no reason. D:
Old 13-07-11, 01:24   #4118
patriots88888

Quote:
SEE this is what I'm talking about.

Seeing new members saying these things makes me wonder just how awful the General section is becoming. This is supposed to be a place for EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, not just some sort of exclusive club.
Why the present tense? It's been this way for awhile now.

I suppose this supports some truth to the 'TRF cliques' regardless of how insistent some may be in denyng that... and unsuprisingly, the ones who are most vocal in that denial are the very same members who could be said to be a part of said cliques.

I agree, more active peeps who want to (but might otherwise shy away from) share their opinions please.
Old 13-07-11, 01:27   #4119
Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots88888 View Post
Why the present tense? It's been this way for awhile now.

I suppose this supports some truth to the 'TRF cliques' regardless of how insistent some may be in denyng that... and unsuprisingly, the ones who are most vocal in that denial are the very same members who could be said to be a part of said cliques.

I agree, more active peeps who want to (but might otherwise shy away from) share their opinions please.
I'm adding my two cents to this discussion.. the reason I don't post more is because every thread visited seems like every member is discussing things they're already discussed in private and Open Chat is more of "public" but private place where conversations take place, and I feel odd. Like I don't belong here, but posting a new thread seems to get buried under pointless others so I don't even try.
Old 13-07-11, 01:32   #4120
patriots88888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd For Life View Post
I'm adding my two cents to this discussion.. the reason I don't post more is because every thread visited seems like every member is discussing things they're already discussed in private and Open Chat is more of "public" but private place where conversations take place, and I feel odd. Like I don't belong here, but posting a new thread seems to get buried under pointless others so I don't even try.
Yea, I understand and agree with this but probably for different reasons than yourself. With me it's more to do with the general age difference and not having much in common with the majority of TRF's members.
Closed Thread