www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 05-06-18, 11:21   #31
Chamayoo
Professor

Well as for me I enjoyed only the relics. The rest is low key funny the first time but then it's a bit of a chore. Pity there's only some concept arts and nothing more to unlock.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 20:02   #32
ThirteenCroft
Student

Anyone liked the fact that Lara could walk while shooting when pressing W? (I don't know the term for that shooting mod)
I had fun during Mediterranean Sea level, on Amanda's ship, killing the mercenaries with free shooting. That's a proof using dual pistols could have worked in Reboot Games
Old 07-06-18, 20:12   #33
Samz
Professor

I changed the controls first play through to a "traditional" WASD, using middle mouse for manual aim (then used a controller on my second play through) underworlds manual aiming is actually better than the Reboots, in 2013/Rise it felt clunky, like you were trying to aim with mouse acceleration, in Underworld its smooth and precise even with a controller, I love the ship level, while I hate how 2013 had almost EVERY fight be a linear corridor fight, I like them more in Classics/Underworld where its more like a gimmick level, a level overally focused on combat in a game that generally isn't, I LOVE the SMGs in underworld, more so if you use slow-motion, since you build adrenaline per hit, and the uzi's high mag size, you can extend the slow-mo til' you hit the max cap for it and its great rapidly swapping between targets, watching them stumble as Lara onloads on them, also the ability to kick is a great, nothin' like kicking a merc down then unloading on him as he tries to get up, Only way these levels would be better is if they kept the multiple human enemy types from Legend, Guys with grenade launchers/shields and shotguns

Last edited by Samz; 07-06-18 at 20:18.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 10:56   #34
jackoimina
Explorer

Ahhh Underworld, I keep coming back to Thailand and Mexico levels every now and than...
Old 14-06-18, 13:28   #35
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Ahhh Underworld, I keep coming back to Thailand and Mexico levels every now and than...
And the others levels ?
Old 24-07-18, 20:32   #36
Samz
Professor

Anyone else miss the vertical exploration Underworld had? , the wall jump and othehr new moves made it more fun than ever, then 2013/Rise made it almost purely horizontal.
Old 24-07-18, 21:38   #37
Dennis's Mom

The chimney jump was the greatest thing ever because Lara would try it anywhere. Remember how you told Lara to try to jump somewhere and she would actually really jump? As opposed to the little "hop" CD would have her do because she wasn't supposed to jump where you wanted her to (even if it sure looked like she could make it.)

I loved it. I had Lara bouncing off walls everywhere because I could.
Old 24-07-18, 21:42   #38
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
The chimney jump was the greatest thing ever because Lara would try it anywhere. Remember how you told Lara to try to jump somewhere and she would actually really jump? As opposed to the little "hop" CD would have her do because she wasn't supposed to jump where you wanted her to (even if it sure looked like she could make it.)

I loved it. I had Lara bouncing off walls everywhere because I could.
Yes it was, I loved it, too bad its all heavily scripted now.
Old 24-07-18, 21:47   #39
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Anyone else miss the vertical exploration Underworld had? , the wall jump and othehr new moves made it more fun than ever, then 2013/Rise made it almost purely horizontal.
I did. They said Shadow will be "more vertical", we'll see. I just miss the multiple ways Lara used to traverse the environment. I enjoyed the wall jumps too.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote