www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-06-18, 21:21   #12421
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think Roar's tweet gives hope. He is interested in following more adventures of Lara ... That support for the new game ... if he had had a bad experience with TR or it would have been a great disappointment he would not have put that on.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 21:58   #12422
**LARA LOVER**
Archaeologist

Got the blu Ray as well the special features are disappointing tbh.
Old 12-06-18, 22:09   #12423
ZIP!2009
Archaeologist

Does anyone know how I can watc this on my Xbox? Is it available to buy online? And stream somehow?
Old 12-06-18, 22:17   #12424
Ellioft
Archaeologist

By the way I have tweeted him with my account on his post for Shadow : We can't wait to also follow Alicia Vikander in the sequel of Tomb Raider and he have liked my post.

Soooo maybe
Old 13-06-18, 17:44   #12425
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Be sure to retweet and vote!

https://twitter.com/TeenChoiceFOX/st...35478254399488

https://twitter.com/TeenChoiceFOX/st...46803441438721
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 17:50   #12426
laracroftswest
Professor

Got the 4K + Blu-Ray DVD...and voted for Alicia/TR just now!
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 18:15   #12427
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Here's a question and something I've previously tried championing in this past in the movie forums for pitching sequels but is about upping the sophistication of topics that Tomb Raider deals with.

Set photos just came out that among many things, Wonder Woman 2 is going to deal with the AIDS crisis as it's set in 1984 (film is called Wonder Woman 1984) and along the same lines of the sophisticated story told in Black Panther, does anyone think Tomb Raider would work with the same intellect?

I think because the character is supposed to be smart and is solving puzzles by nature, absolutely! If she boots Ana out and leads Croft Holdings, I think something could be told about a smart YOUNG role model leading a company that was previously managed by people with old values like Ana and before, Richard.

And then when it comes to Tomb Raiding, the downside of just going in and taking other culture's artifacts. We're seeing this in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, not properly knowing why the dagger was buried and not doing diligence on it's important in Mexican culture and she sets off the Mayan apocalypse.

What do you guys think? What topics do you think Lara Croft and a Tomb Raider franchise could tackle, I think if they want stronger reviews their going to have to go there. Even Jason Bourne went after giant internet companies and privacy because that fitted with the Bourne character etc.
Old 13-06-18, 19:50   #12428
Portugalraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Here's a question and something I've previously tried championing in this past in the movie forums for pitching sequels but is about upping the sophistication of topics that Tomb Raider deals with.

Set photos just came out that among many things, Wonder Woman 2 is going to deal with the AIDS crisis as it's set in 1984 (film is called Wonder Woman 1984) and along the same lines of the sophisticated story told in Black Panther, does anyone think Tomb Raider would work with the same intellect?

I think because the character is supposed to be smart and is solving puzzles by nature, absolutely! If she boots Ana out and leads Croft Holdings, I think something could be told about a smart YOUNG role model leading a company that was previously managed by people with old values like Ana and before, Richard.

And then when it comes to Tomb Raiding, the downside of just going in and taking other culture's artifacts. We're seeing this in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, not properly knowing why the dagger was buried and not doing diligence on it's important in Mexican culture and she sets off the Mayan apocalypse.

What do you guys think? What topics do you think Lara Croft and a Tomb Raider franchise could tackle, I think if they want stronger reviews their going to have to go there. Even Jason Bourne went after giant internet companies and privacy because that fitted with the Bourne character etc.
It would be hard for Tomb Raider to deal with similar topics, because it's hard to make them relate to the character Lara is and what people expect to see her do. Not hard, but difficult.

I mean, Wonder Woman/Diana wants to save the humanity from the world dangers, it can be interesting to see her deal with something devastating as the spread of AIDS. Same with Bourne, as it can deal with espionage and identity control.

Your idea of Croft Holdings would be boring, for example, as no one wants to see Lara Croft just managing a business. They want to see her raid tombs.

As for the implications of tomb raiding, it can easily go wrong as vilifying Lara's actions too much, or worse, saying that in the end go wandering the world stealing artefacts from other cultures is justifiable. It can work if Lara is more of an adventurer than a Tomb Raider, as in Lara just wants to discover the ancient world, but it could go incredibly wrong.

But one topic that could work, and going from RotTR's themes, could be either the role of death in life (explorer for example in "Annihilation") or perhaps more in vogue, the consequences of misusing any given knowledge. Like, perhaps Jacob (or Sofia if going by my idea for a sequel ) could see that being immortal may have blinded him/her to some basic survival instincts that is making their people suffering because they don't account for those things and so don't make appropriate decisions as leaders. Or, for the other example, immortality can be linked to something like atomic energy: can be used for good, but mishandle it, and it can create great evil.
Old 13-06-18, 19:58   #12429
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

^ I don't mean Lara managing a business that way but more of how Black Panther weaved politics with refugees in seamlessly. Along those lines having a very young person who didn't pursue elite education like many big business owners and leaders etc.

I really like that immortality idea. I'm not saying to use my ideas, I'm just saying my idea of Tomb Raider elevating the material.

Even Jurassic World has a great conflict about rescuing animals vs letting nature run it's course etc.

And by the way, I don't mind sacrificing the plots of the film but from the 2018 film that was very much A to B which is fine, you need to add a bit extra, the film needs to say something.

Hunger Games was a great commentary on the media and being in the spotlight and tricking the public and media to work in your favour, in that case literally for survival. The 2018 film was nice, personal and intimate.

But for the next film, presumably Lara's first expedition going out for treasure, it will need to be on bigger scale.

you know, Infinity war brings up a great point that if half the population was eliminated, the other half would strive with less emissions, more food etc etc yada yada yada. Along the lines of immortality something like the drawbacks of everyone having access to the divine source and basically no one dying anymore leading to overpopulation etc.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 13-06-18 at 20:02.
Old 13-06-18, 20:04   #12430
Portugalraider
Archaeologist

No, I get what you mean, people want more than just a simple story now, they want something with meaning. And of course Tomb Raider should be no different from that.