Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-17, 10:42   #531
Titak

@ Caesum:
What if you use that horizontal value of 10 and then place multiple smoke-emitters in that spot, each rotated so they face different directions?

I don't think we can make a cone shaped particles thingy like that...
Old 18-02-17, 10:46   #532
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
@ Caesum:
What if you use that horizontal value of 10 and then place multiple smoke-emitters in that spot, each rotated so they face different directions?

I don't think we can make a cone shaped particles thingy like that...
Funny thing is they both go in the same direction anyway. I have also realised that particles can only make shape like this: |\ but not like this /\ and the space they take is a quarter of a cone. You can't make a full cone or even half it.

To get the perfect effect I guess I would have to make 2 or even 4 different particle effects for different OCB numbers, then place 4 smoke emitters so together they could make a full cone. But I don't know. Maybe I'll just use waterfall object instead to imitate it.
Old 18-02-17, 13:13   #533
ThiagoTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Just a page earlier Titak posted her settings to make particles fall down. Have you checked them?
Obviously... I used the same settings but what I got was a smoke falling at high speed, it had NO particles.
So I wonder to know how you did, in details, if possible?
Since I've been trying for weeks to make this particle effect
Old 18-02-17, 13:31   #534
Caesum

Smoke is a particle effect too, so you must have them. They are probably just so big they connect with each other. If you want them to be small, like mine, then use these values:

Size variation lower byte: 4
Size variation higher byte: 1
Size overall/Size multiplier: 1

First value gives the initial size of your texture. Second value gives a range of possible changes in size of particles. Third value multiplies them later. You can start with the above values then change them to your liking.

The vertical speed is only needed to make particles fall down. They can fall down slowly if you change values to smaller numbers. For example I have speed1=8 and speed2=16.
Old 18-02-17, 14:11   #535
Dustie

Gosh there has to be a way to port these to TRNG, the script can fiddle with just about anything in the engine today... I wish I was smart enough to try it!
Old 18-02-17, 14:18   #536
Caesum

Does anyone know what is the highest value of particle lifetime? Cannot see any difference after 225 and bigger values can only crash the engine.
Old 18-02-17, 17:33   #537
ThiagoTR

Thank you so much Caesum.
This particles settings is very hard to get the desired effect.

Just to understand, I wanted to create a particle effect like to the underwater effect. Only without using the trick of the water room overlapping the dry room. And It seems kind of impossible by the way.
Old 18-02-17, 17:36   #538
Caesum

You can try making a waterfall object with scrolling texture that imitates fog/particles. This way you can sort of have particles moving from different places, not point like in case of steam emitter.
Old 18-02-17, 21:19   #539
ThiagoTR

Well... I tried what you said and I can say it did not worked, it seemed more like rain.
Thank you... and never mind. It's better I give up this particle effect.
Old 18-02-17, 22:46   #540
Dustie

That too sounds like something that should be possible with TRNG. Just like everything else that's controlled by the engine, there's code for the underwater effect somewhere and it should be possible to get it to work in regular rooms...
Closed Thread